To think that it's really not necessary to put "serve and enjoy" on cooking instructions?

(58 Posts)
MrBloomsMarrow Thu 18-Jul-13 10:30:57

That's it really. Yes, I know it's trivial but what else would you do with a microwave meal when it's ready? You're hardly going to chuck it straight in the bin or feed it to the cat.

Chocolatestain Fri 19-Jul-13 18:36:04

I was once served a packet of peanuts with my G & T on a plane that said 'Open packet. Eat peanuts.' And there was me about to shove them up the nearest toddler's nose.

WilsonFrickett Fri 19-Jul-13 20:53:36

How do we feel about 'enjoy responsibly' on the wine?

<possibly about to not>

BlackMini Fri 19-Jul-13 21:27:27

I opened a packet of feta cheese today with a picture of cubed cheese on the front. It had "serving suggestion" written underneath. Made me chuckle and think of this thread.

limitedperiodonly Fri 19-Jul-13 21:48:21

wilson Have checked the bottle. There's something on the label but I'm not wearing my reading glasses and I'm fucked if I'm putting them on.

GOINGINSANEMUM Sat 20-Jul-13 03:30:40

Going off the topic of food, observed on my tshirt label, wash when dirty!! Reeaaallllyy?!?!?!

Alibabaandthe40nappies Sat 20-Jul-13 04:05:27

One of my son's soft toys has a label that says 'do not iron'.

That had mum and in hysterics grin

wanderings Sat 20-Jul-13 09:13:49

Pancake instructions in brief:

Mix; stir; fry; toss. (As in the song)
No mention of serve!

giraffesCantWearSuncream Tue 23-Jul-13 07:59:15

Wandeeings thats probably because when you toss it it lands on the floor and dog eats it before you can serve it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now