Katie Hopkins and her drivel about ginger babies being harder to love

(114 Posts)
Bumpotato Wed 10-Jul-13 23:45:11

I am being unreasonable for letting that woman give me the rage, I know that.

I'm deliberately not linking to the Daily Fail as that I presume is the whole point of this troll.

But AIBU for fantasising about flushing that woman's head repeatedly down a stinky lav?

Thanks * Alisvolatpropiis* that is interesting. It looks like is is considered a disability in the UK because of sight problems associated with it. In the USA and other places there seems to be ambiguity about whether or not it is a disability.

Aside from that there are lots of things that are not a disability but which people can be bullied for.

Re red headed people I am very glad the attitude is changing.

However, if the equality commission really do not record hate crimes against red headed people I think it is wrong. It would also make it harder to know whether views are changing if statistics for bullying on these grounds are not recorded.

giddywithglee Fri 12-Jul-13 09:51:22

napacab grin just spat my coffee out laughing!

Both my littlies have dark hair like my DH and I have to admit I'm relived because I don't want the bullies to have any fodder. I STILL (and I'm 36) get people shouting 'ginger' at me in the street. I always shout back 'wow, aren't you observant!'.

My hair isn't actually GINGER. It is dark red. My hairdresser recently told me that it is the most beautiful hair he has ever seen in his life and if I ever ask him to colour it he will refuse (he's not a dodgy perve in his 60s, by the way, but a rather cool 20-something who has won awards and tours with Redken).

HildaOgden Fri 12-Jul-13 10:14:27

I think it is awful how KH has opened the doors for her own children to be judged,slated and ostracised.By opening slagging off other children for everything from their hair colour to their names,and then by publicly displaying their photos and ruining any privacy they had.

I don't care whether she holds politically incorrect views or not,really.If that is her opinion,so be it.I do think it's bloody shitty parenting for her to put her own kids in the line of fire,so to speak.

Even on this thread,there are people criticising her kids features.Jesus,that's nasty.And it will be said to her children in their classrooms too,have no doubt about that.sad

ShoeWhore Fri 12-Jul-13 10:21:50

Stupid cow.

My redheads are very loveable thank you very much. I suspect KH is much much harder to love.

Lweji Fri 12-Jul-13 10:24:49

YANBU

Whatever she says, I think most people will do the opposite now.

slug Fri 12-Jul-13 12:36:38

Slight aside, but giddywithglee, you don't commute through Charing Cross around 8:20 every morning do you? If you do then your's is the hair I have wanted all my life.

giddywithglee Fri 12-Jul-13 16:13:08

No Slug, but now I'm going to have to so I can see this other person's hair!

slug Fri 12-Jul-13 16:28:03

Waist length, thick, waves gently into loose ringlets at the end and the most glorious shade of red. <<sigh>>

pigletmania Fri 12-Jul-13 16:29:15

That's what I is, op drivel

I'm another one who would have been really happy to have a child born with red hair. Sadly none have even though ds had reddish tints.

My gran had lovely copper coloured hair and my ex family are ginger, he isnt but he has dark hair and a ginger beard! Our two girls are blonde.

Why does red hair have such negative connotations. My friend said she would just be devastated if she had a red haired baby. Stupid cow.

giddywithglee Fri 12-Jul-13 16:38:28

ghostsgowooh both times I've been pregnant friends have 'joked' about whether I'm going to have a ginger baby, as though it would be a terrible thing!

giddywithglee Fri 12-Jul-13 16:40:07

slug that actually doesn't sound dissimilar to my hair 'cept I've just had it cut to shoulder length as unmanageable with two smallies!

xylem8 Fri 12-Jul-13 16:42:40

I suspect her brief is to bring in as much traffic as possible to the site and this is what she is doing
Is she stupid? No
Is she an amoral guttersnipe? Yes!!!

ChocsAwayInMyGob Fri 12-Jul-13 22:32:31

xylem8- That's what I've always thought about Liz Jones and other professional trolls. They write incendiary stuff to attract traffic. Traffic equals ad revenue. No publicity is bad publicity.

So much for KH's business sense if this is the best way she can make money.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now