Katie Hopkins and her drivel about ginger babies being harder to love

(114 Posts)
Bumpotato Wed 10-Jul-13 23:45:11

I am being unreasonable for letting that woman give me the rage, I know that.

I'm deliberately not linking to the Daily Fail as that I presume is the whole point of this troll.

But AIBU for fantasising about flushing that woman's head repeatedly down a stinky lav?

PigOnStilts Thu 11-Jul-13 05:04:54

I have two and they are beautiful. In Spain they are fawned over and fussed like anything, in Scotland nobody bats an eyelid but I'd hate to live in England with them. It's only the English that seem to care!

SaylorMoon Thu 11-Jul-13 05:15:10

I do not want to give this woman(!) any space in my strawberry blonde head..

MissMogwi Thu 11-Jul-13 05:45:06

Jesus Christ, is she saving up for an extension or something?

She is just a hard faced rent a gob, and we should pity her. I wonder what she will come up with next?

I say this as mother to a beautiful, ginger haired daughter, who receives nothing but praise for her hair in the UK and abroad.

3boysgirlontheway Thu 11-Jul-13 06:22:15

I have two ginger children, a dark haired one and a blonde one, they are all the bloody same, none of them were any harder to love and none of them are any more or less special because of their hair.

She is a cunt! (can I say that?)

needasilverlining Thu 11-Jul-13 06:43:30

My pet theory: if we start a (very quiet) MN campaign to stop reacting to anything at all she says, she'll go away because she's qualified for nothing at all - she is a worthless meejahor who is there to get MN talking so a lazy journo can present the results as a 'row' or 'storm'.

Can we try it?

MamaChubbyLegs Thu 11-Jul-13 09:10:51

It's fine. I don't need a pathetic turdend like that to love my stunner of a ginger baby. In fact, I'd be offended if she did hmm

needasilverlining yes please?

HorseyGirl1 Thu 11-Jul-13 09:22:18

I think she just says these things because she is paid to hold 'outrageous' opinions. Saying these things means she can pay her mortgage. Regretable but true. I doubt she believes it even herself. xx

xylem8 Thu 11-Jul-13 09:24:55

I don't understand your reason for not linking
How do you expect people to comment on an article without reading it??

xylem8 Thu 11-Jul-13 09:31:10

I have just looked at the article and a picture of her and her children.Now it would be completely below the belt to describe a child has ugly, so I won't be the one to do it

Bumpotato Thu 11-Jul-13 09:31:44

Well it is out there without being linked. Plenty on twitter for example.

My AIBU was more to do with me having a fantasy about flushing her head down a stinky lav.

Agree there should be a MN campaign against the Meeja Hoors . Any time Jiz Loans, Katie and the like say something stupid and designed to upset, for clicks, we should quietly ignore or post a code word eg "meh" or something more random like "hatstand" on any thread that crops up and someone can politely tell the innocent OP why in a PM.

Emilythornesbff Thu 11-Jul-13 09:40:07

What a vile and hurtful (not to mention INCORRECT) thing to say.
Abuse of free speech.
What a fucking troll.

Emilythornesbff Thu 11-Jul-13 09:40:44

Flush away OP

catsmother Thu 11-Jul-13 09:41:52

No, YANBU re: the stinky lav (maybe you could do Samantha Thick at the same time ? ..)

I was genuinely disappointed my kids didn't have red hair when they were born - there's some redheads in previous generations so it wasn't an impossibility!

What is unreasonable though is the media encouraging this awful woman by giving her space to say "something controversial". Why do they do it - why ? Is it so the resulting publicity and outrage gets publicity for their paper/show ?

HappyJoyful Thu 11-Jul-13 09:45:23

cleofatra couldn't agree with you more. She enrages me, can't all these shows stop giving her air time?

Even my young male colleague was commenting on her ignorant views the other day so it's not just women and Mums that are getting hacked off with her.

Vile, ignorant woman

Emilythornesbff Thu 11-Jul-13 09:46:27

Ok. I bit.
But I'll join the "campaign" to post nothing and respond to nothing with her name in it.
<sign up to ignoring waste of space>

sue52 Thu 11-Jul-13 09:49:01

I've yet to encounter a baby I haven't thought beautiful. Katie Hopkins is just paid to be nasty and a hate figure.

yy to that idea OP, I like hatstand!

LilacPeony Thu 11-Jul-13 09:55:27

I agree with all those saying we should ignore her and not start posts about her vile bullying opinions. We are giving her exactly what she wants in getting wound up by her. Much better to ignore her.

SignoraStronza Thu 11-Jul-13 09:58:53

If she really were that much of the amazing business brain she seems to think she is, she'd be quietly getting on with, well, business. Trolling is probably her only source of income these days (other than maintenance from the rich fools who knocked her up). Let her get on with it - will soon dry up and can't imagine many people wanting to work with her now.

itsallshitandmoreshit Thu 11-Jul-13 10:01:22

From the article in the Daily Fail the first thing that struck me was how unattractive her own children were. Very unattractive.
I would never normally comment on a child's looks but, having two red-head children myself, I was keen to see these beautiful offspring of hers, seeing as she was so lucky in the gene stakes not having a 'ginger'.

She wasn't.

AmandaPandtheTantrumofDoom Thu 11-Jul-13 10:01:56

She is a loon with a desperate need to cling to a media career by being controversial. Ooh, get her.

I long since stopped paying attention to a single thing she says. Did Katie Hopkins say it - well file under bollocks and move on.

On a more political point, I find it really depressing that this is what gets a platform. There are so many interesting and important things to talk about. But we get shit like the importance of not being ginger and ensuring playdates have the correct upbringing. We get the media we deserve and I despair.

SarahAndFuck Thu 11-Jul-13 10:03:17

I'd quite like to see a photo of KH as a baby. As Ross from Friends would say "did you see the kid on that nose?"

ChocsAwayInMyGob Thu 11-Jul-13 10:04:01

Signora, I was just about write exactly what you wrote!

If she's such a bloody great businesswoman, how come she has ended up as a professional troll?

applecharlotte Thu 11-Jul-13 10:04:32

I'm furious at the Daily Fail for publishing this, yes there are utter morons in the world with completely idiotic views but why the fuck are they giving one of them a platform...argh! I really really hate them and will no longer peep at their femail gossip bit from time to time TWATS.

ChocsAwayInMyGob Thu 11-Jul-13 10:06:02

Don't click on any stories about her and don't comment.

The Daily Fail want traffic for advertisers and controversy does just that. Why else would they employ Liz Jones?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now