to think it is not polite to keep breastfeeding when you have been asked to stop -

(71 Posts)
TanglednotTamed Mon 08-Jul-13 14:23:47

I'm looking at you, DD.

Three times, I have said 'One, two, three, BLAST OFF' - which is our trigger for you to unlatch.

And what do you do? You clamp your mouth tighter and shake your head like a dog coming out of water. Which is quite uncomfortable. And if I work a finger in to unlatch you, then you bite it.

I know it's hot, and your back molars are coming through. But this is very poor manners. And from the glint in your eye, I think you know that.

It's damn lucky you're so cute, that's all.

VikingVagine Mon 08-Jul-13 16:11:20

They are home made chocolate chip and walnut cookies. Still interested grin ?

MissStrawberry Mon 08-Jul-13 16:14:34

Thank goodness this isn't the thread I thought it was going to be!!

Now, OPs DD, behave!!

MousyMouse Mon 08-Jul-13 16:15:22

blackeye oh yes, remember very well the 'flamingo' and 'radio tuning' on the other nipple.

MousyMouse Mon 08-Jul-13 16:15:52

oh, op, you are nbu at all

beginnings Mon 08-Jul-13 16:18:10

Do you know what you all need to do? Get pregnant again. I knew DC2 was most surprisingly on the way (DD took a lot of work, DC2....Emm...didn't) when DD started looking at me as if you say, you taste funny. And then just stopped!

Simples!

WaitingForMe Mon 08-Jul-13 16:20:25

DS is nearly 8mths and last week had 3-5 feeds a day. Suddenly it's like having a newborn again. Except that he now twists and looks around while kicking his legs happily. He will take water from DH but only if he can't see me.

Ergo I keep hiding from my baby blush

Lweji Mon 08-Jul-13 16:21:46

YABVU to stop someone's meal halfway through. wink

Celador Mon 08-Jul-13 18:10:01

It's great to know it isn't just DS that's like this (new mum, I know nothing).

He's finally fallen asleep face down between my boobs. DH calls it 'marking his territory'.

MrsHoarder Mon 08-Jul-13 18:18:55

Yanbu.

Can still unlatch ds with a finger so long add I'm quick, but he screams blue murder and pulls my top down. Suspect I won't get away with that much longer either.

iamadoozermum Mon 08-Jul-13 18:22:31

My DD is also refusing to stay asleep if I dare unlatch. She is also trying the pulling with her gums (she's teething her first front teeth), then biting down real hard at the end of the nipple. I am not impressed!

SmiteYouWithThunderbolts Mon 08-Jul-13 18:22:54

YANBU, it's SO RUDE <looks at ds>

It's too hot to have a sweaty, wriggly 14 month old climbing all over my chest, sticking his feet in my face and pinching my arms.

Oh lordy, here he comes again....!

Alibabaandthe40nappies Mon 08-Jul-13 18:24:30

I was all ready to be furious - but YANBU!

<eyes hot sweaty wrestle two year old>

YANBU. DS2 will refuse to unlatch and start humming so he can't hear me. He hums Food, Glorious Food.

ChunkyPickle Mon 08-Jul-13 18:30:51

DS (nearly 3) was forced to give up when I got pregnant again and the milk dried up.. but he's still obsessed with them ('your bouncies are GRREEAAAT'), and if miffed for some reason will only fall/stay asleep with one hand possessively draped on one or shoved down my top.

I have a horrible impression that when the new baby comes he's going to be expecting to have a go again..

Mind you the other day I was straight out of the shower sending an urgent message and he attacked them by licking, so it might be that he's forgotten what he's supposed to do with them anyhow.

Booboostoo Mon 08-Jul-13 18:31:32

Fantastic thread OP!

DD is 2yo and will only unlatch if I tell her the cat needs feeding...needless to say the cat is getting fat!

DorothyMantooth Mon 08-Jul-13 18:36:13

Argh! DD (15 wks) has got into a really annoying habit of pretending she wants to feed, then as soon as I'm ready to go turning her head and sucking her thumb whilst rubbing my nipple aggressively. If I dare try to protect poor nipples from her neglectfully long claws all hell breaks loose. This happens about 5 times a day at the moment, please say it's the weather!

Llareggub Mon 08-Jul-13 18:38:03

DS is 4. I'm so over breastfeeding but he loves it. He said he might think about giving up at Christmas. Pah.

maternitart Mon 08-Jul-13 19:08:12

Another "trying to find my favourite pirate station on a transistor radio" nipple twiddler baby here. Other times he grabs it and twists like it's the stiff lid on a jar of pickles.

Worse though is that he bites me hard and seems to find it entertaining when I shout OW or say NO.

Burmobasher Mon 08-Jul-13 19:23:48

Yep, having one of those days too. Dd has two modes today feeding or crying for food!

MooseBeTimeForSpring Mon 08-Jul-13 20:25:23

My DH wants to know when he can have them back grin

BonaDea Mon 08-Jul-13 20:30:31

Does everyone have an 'unlatch' word or phrase they use?! I just stick my finger in but I guess it would be fair for DS to get some chance to finish off on his own.

Any suggestions??

CatsRule Mon 08-Jul-13 20:33:46

I'm glad I'm not the only one.being abused by a baby!

My ds is 16 months and the master at head twisting...feels just lovely that does...doesn't hurt at all either!!

<wonders when I can have my own boobs back>

ZingWidge Mon 08-Jul-13 20:54:28

OP, this must be the sweetest AIBU thread starter ever! smile

TanglednotTamed Mon 08-Jul-13 21:37:51

BonaDea - suggestions for an unlatch phrase. I think that could be a whole new thread - but, I proffer

'AAARRRRGH! PLEEEEEEAASSSE OPEN UP!' (DD has this strange jaw-clamp thing she does about 2 minutes after she falls asleep - I have a very short window to retrieve my nipple - too soon, and she wakes up, too late, and I am screaming, trying not to swear (DSs are in the next room), and frantically tugging at her jaw.

Bringmewineandcake Mon 08-Jul-13 23:10:40

My 8 month old dd has taken to grabbing my nipple and pulling it into her mouth then sucking whilst still holding it....unnecessary!!
And YY to pinching my arms! Why do they do that?? I'm tired of saying "ouch! That hurts mummy" and being ignored...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now