to think it is not polite to keep breastfeeding when you have been asked to stop -

(71 Posts)
TanglednotTamed Mon 08-Jul-13 14:23:47

I'm looking at you, DD.

Three times, I have said 'One, two, three, BLAST OFF' - which is our trigger for you to unlatch.

And what do you do? You clamp your mouth tighter and shake your head like a dog coming out of water. Which is quite uncomfortable. And if I work a finger in to unlatch you, then you bite it.

I know it's hot, and your back molars are coming through. But this is very poor manners. And from the glint in your eye, I think you know that.

It's damn lucky you're so cute, that's all.

BitBewildered Mon 08-Jul-13 14:25:30

grin

Pascha Mon 08-Jul-13 14:25:44

grin Thought it was just mine! Our trigger is "chopchop onetwo onetwo" which fails at least half the time.

I came on to say "unless its the child doing the asking yabu" grin
But yanbu

chill13 Mon 08-Jul-13 14:30:39

I was ready with yabu too but yanbu. my little one is just the same.

Celador Mon 08-Jul-13 14:31:16

DS shrieks wildly as if in great torment whenever I unlatch him

This is why it's 2.30 and I haven't got dressed. Or had lunch, unless you count 2 chocolate biscuits and a slice of mango :-(

Doingakatereddy Mon 08-Jul-13 14:31:16

It's obviously a small DD revolt, mine is sweetly sleeping as long as my nipple is in mouth clamping distance. Should I dare to move she howls like a banshee & gives everyone the Shrek cat eyes.

Some days <whispers> I wish she was bloody bottle fed

Mama1980 Mon 08-Jul-13 14:34:42

grin My ds is just like that he sleeps ok so long as my nipple is within reaching distance but if I try to prise him off or heaven forbid move away he screams blue murder until said nipple re appears....

MooseBeTimeForSpring Mon 08-Jul-13 14:35:24

I say "booby wants to go to sleep" to my 18 month old DS. Most of the time he rolls over and goes to sleep too. Sometimes he doesn't. Booby might be asleep but mummy most definitely isn't.

<knows he will stop nursing eventually, but wonders when>

mrstigs Mon 08-Jul-13 14:36:23

grin , my littlest does the headshake too whilst latched. I usually say 'right, all done now?' and she gets off, but several times recently she's decided to take this as a real question with more than one answer, and shakes her head emphatically whilst grinning and drinking. I admire her ability to do these things at the same time but am rather worried that I'll be able to tuck my nipples in my socks by the time she's finished with them...

WildeRumpus Mon 08-Jul-13 14:39:20

Ah hello! Ds2 is 7 weeks and won't be without boob today so all trips out have been cancelled and ds1 is kindly making do with the paddling pool. I have so much to do today but instead I am sitting, sitting, sitting... Arf.

Celador Mon 08-Jul-13 14:41:23

This thread has made me feel a whole lot better, thanks OP!

DS is currently asleep on my legs, i.e. within eyeshot of nipples.

I have leg cramp but am too afraid to move.

SimplyRedHead Mon 08-Jul-13 14:43:26

I feel your pain! Have to leave for school run in 6 mins but 12 week old won't take the hint!

itsonlysubterfuge Mon 08-Jul-13 14:47:21

It's the heat, my DD has been on and off the boob all day. Pointing at my chest and shooting Boob!, at least I can say No sometimes and she goes back to her toys. Glad I do not have a newborn in all this heat.

SummerMyArse Mon 08-Jul-13 14:50:35

DS is 21 months and politely resists all attempts to get him to stop

"Have you finished? / do you want some water / shall we stop now?" - slightly opens mouth to mumble matter-of-factly "no" (his only word!) then clamps down again.

Most irritating now is that he also performs gymnastics whilst feeding, practically standing up on my legs, or walking his legs up the back of the sofa...

I really wish he'd self-wean!!! But I can't say no yet because he gets so excited when it's time for a feed (evenings only)

DS 2.6, exactly the same. Again, all ready with guns blazing "YABVVVVVU!!!!" but no, you're not, SHE is! I don't think the heat helps (had to have him sleeping in my room last night as his window is annoyingly just the right height for him to climb out and doesn't have restrictors for when it's open). Sharing a bed is just too much temptation for him, I kept waking up with him having stealth latched! My boobs today in my strapless maxi dress = very unfortunate for anyone who ventures to glance. sad

LRDLearningKnigaBook Mon 08-Jul-13 15:20:02

grin

There was a woman on the bus this afternoon - was it you?! I doubt it as her baby looked younger than that to me. She'd started off with plenty of polite 'now stop pulling mummy's hair ... now, stop pulling ... now, stop!... OUCH!'. The baby had a big chunk of it and she clearly didn't want to wrestle with him (her?) in front of everyone.

I promise my smile was meant to be all supportive. grin

TanglednotTamed Mon 08-Jul-13 15:28:39

I must admit the thread title was intended to fire you all up a bit in case it's hard to summon the energy to click on threads in this heat.

DD has gone off with Grandma now. I need a drink. My fluid levels must be at drought level.

notsochic Mon 08-Jul-13 15:33:46

Ha I too came on to be all fired up but am nodding nodding nodding as DC2 12 weeks keeps a watchful eye on the proximity of my nipple while pretending to be asleep smile

LookingForwardToMarch Mon 08-Jul-13 15:34:00

Whoohoo!

It's not just my dd that has some sort of internal nipple gps tracking system?!

VikingVagine Mon 08-Jul-13 15:37:39

I came here with a whole packet full of biscuit for you!

BlackeyedSusan Mon 08-Jul-13 15:55:17

nice op. another one sucked in.

ds used to wriggle and shift position. he was quite into the standing on one leg and putting the other in the air. the tuning over and trying to take the nipple the long way round was the worst.

clamping down and bit fingers do not sound fun.

BlackeyedSusan Mon 08-Jul-13 15:58:01

turning over

scrumpkin Mon 08-Jul-13 16:02:21

I threaten ds (2) that mummy's boobies are going in the bin or that they're broken. Never works confused

TanglednotTamed Mon 08-Jul-13 16:04:45

Are they chocolate bourbons, Viking? I'll take them anyway if so smile

DD tried to climb over me in bed last night, without unlatching. That is against all sorts of physics and biology, FGS.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now