to think not everyone loves the sun?

(56 Posts)
blackbirdatglanmore Sun 07-Jul-13 22:30:57

especially as I am not a huge fan of it.

I bowed to peer pressure earlier and went for a walk then sat in a field to read my Kindle. I rarely sweat but it was dripping off my forehead onto the Kindle - it was that hot. I was sticky, itchy from the grass, and uncomfortable. So I went home and sat INSIDE with the fan on.

And all I've heard is people bleating about "wasting" a sunny day.

I realise if you like the heat, great (dad is a great sun-worshipper) but AIBU to think not everyone likes glaring sunshine, flies buzzing round you, sticky, sweaty weather? And can't those who DO like it enjoy it in their own way and let me enjoy it in mine?

AllYoursBabooshka Mon 08-Jul-13 14:12:33

I'm only ever happy when I can see my breath in the air.

Right now I'm in hell.

frustratedashell Mon 08-Jul-13 15:20:07

I'm so glad other people feel like I do! I hate this weather. My boyfriend is a sun worshipper. I hate anything over 24 degrees. 21 with a slight breeze, perfect!

LimitedEditionLady Mon 08-Jul-13 16:51:03

I dont like sun,neither does my DH.If that makes me miserable then....good!Ill be a miserable,pale sun hater.I like fine days,fine and cool.Why people wana lie in the sun and roast their skin I dont know.How boring is that?

Cookethenook Mon 08-Jul-13 16:57:35

Yanbu.

I love the sun, but HATE the heat. Anything above 22 really. We went to Wroclaw in Poland last summer and it was 30-25 every day, i was flipping miserable and grumpy and really didn't know what to do with myself.

I can't understand how people can lie in full sun and fry all day!

littlemisssarcastic Mon 08-Jul-13 17:26:48

YANBU. People who love the sun find it difficult to understand why anyone wouldn't love it.
People who love the cold find it difficult to understand why anyone wouldn't love it.

Personally, I don't mind if people don't like the sun or the cold. What I don't have time for is people who don't like the sun or the rain or the cold or the snow or the wind or the ice or the autumn or the spring, because they are always bloody moaning about the weather.

I don't like winter weather and dread going out in it, so I try not to complain about the hot weather because although it's uncomfortable, it's preferable to the icy cold imo.
It's when people moan about all weathers that I switch off.

Alisvolatpropiis Mon 08-Jul-13 17:46:38

Yanbu.

Don't get me wrong, weather like this is a spirit lifter but as for sitting in it sunbathing/just reading? No.

Sitting outside a restaurant having a meal/couple of drinks, taking the dog for a walk these are things that are more pleasant in the sun. Because it's an hour max.

I detest sitting in the sun endlessly. That's why I never go on "beach" holidays.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now