unreasonable to wash armpits in restaurant toilets?

(54 Posts)
justsosweatyandsmelly Sun 07-Jul-13 18:24:42

Was very sweaty and hot today when went out for lunch and I noticed I had whiffy body odour from armpits despite showering this morning and deodorant etc so quickly washed my armpits in the toilets and two women came in and said it was disgusting? wibu? I didn't think it was that bad really.

my brother once saw a man use the urinal and then turn round and walk with his penis still out to the sinks and he then washed his penis in the sink.

mind you, this was in the loo at the tesco in elephant and castle, so it probably wasn't the weirdest thing that had happened in there that day.

Lweji Mon 08-Jul-13 11:15:36

Not gross at all. grin

You should have told them "At least I won't be smelling.

However, note that without deodorant, your smell would have returned soon after.

Chivetalking Mon 08-Jul-13 10:11:58

Oh Doris. That's gross. Puts me in mind of the time I went into the loos at work and found the secretary shaving her legs on the bench under the coats. She left the clippings there too <barf>

WTF anyone would trim any part of their pelt in public really is beyond me.

DiamondDoris Mon 08-Jul-13 07:42:18

That's not disgusting. The snipped pubic hair I once found on the toilet seat was. This was a supermarket loo.

Selks Mon 08-Jul-13 07:31:07

Can't understand why anyone would find what the OP did disgusting at all. Uncommon to see, yes, but disgusting.... Why??

ClartyCarol Mon 08-Jul-13 07:12:34

Botox for the armpits, that's the way to go. My pits aren't excessively sweaty I must add do get chub rub though, but I have heard about the Botox treatment.

Also I agree with Worra - I read so many threads on here about pathologically outspoken members of the public, but I've never come across one myself <deprived>.

Lavenderloves Mon 08-Jul-13 07:04:29

If i do this i usually soap my hands and then go into a cubical so that if anyone comes in they can't see me. Then clear off with loo roll.

That's the crazy british way isn't it? I'm always sweaty it's rubbish. Wipes are a god send.

Tee2072 Mon 08-Jul-13 06:51:12

Sounds like you did it with finesse OP!

Wbdn28 Mon 08-Jul-13 00:44:17

Carry some wet wipes with you and a spray deodorant, then you can freshen up quickly in the cubicle (unless there's a queue) without having to be at the sink.

squoosh Mon 08-Jul-13 00:32:17

Sweat is the least offensive of the bodily emissions most commonly found in bathrooms.

mylovelymonster Mon 08-Jul-13 00:05:22

Ridiculous attitude. People can be so prissy. Much rather you were comfortable - why not?????

WafflyVersatile Sun 07-Jul-13 23:54:32

Anti-perspirant has never stopped me sweating. Reduced it maybe.

iago Sun 07-Jul-13 23:25:01

Anti-perspirant stops sweating. Deodorant masks smell.

HotCrossPun Sun 07-Jul-13 23:19:43

Carrying deodorant wouldn't really have helped in this situation.

If you have BO the only thing that is going to get rid of the smell is washing, spraying on top of it is going to do SFA.

YANBU

AmyFarrahFowlerCooper Sun 07-Jul-13 23:12:01

I feel like a right oddball now because my first thought was GROSS followed by how rude those ladies were to say anything. I would have thought you were disgusting too but wouldn't have said anything smile

Hopasholic Sun 07-Jul-13 22:49:31

That's nothing. I once witnessed a shitfaced young lady do a hand stand under the hand dryer to dry her fanjo as there wasn't any loo roll grin

Nobody told <her> she was disgusting, just admired her balancing skills after a day on the Stella.

LouiseSmith Sun 07-Jul-13 21:40:11

Since I have put on extra weight I seem to suffer with BO despite how many times I shower or spray so I have started keeping a small one in my handbag.

WafflyVersatile Sun 07-Jul-13 21:05:35

For future ref I find using an anti-bacterial (tea tree oil) wash under my pits in summer helps with this.

The smell is the excretia of the bacteria that noms on your sweat. Reducing the number of bacteria reduces the smell.

Also using oxy action or just dipping the underarms of your tops in boiling water will help if they tend to get smelly after repeated wears.

The women were being a bit silly.

sweetsummerlove Sun 07-Jul-13 20:45:31

^ my point is, people are just stupid.

sweetsummerlove Sun 07-Jul-13 20:45:07

this thread just made me LOL.

tbf, two young teens caught me barfing in a restaurant loo following a hot day + awful sickness during pregnancy. She tried hard to whisper (in that way teens do) about the 'fat woman barfing in the loo'
I was 38 weeks pregnant and had been barfing hourly for a week. I could have throttled her.

Fakebook Sun 07-Jul-13 20:37:30

Yes, I do carry a roll on with me especially if I'm going to stay out longer than expected.

You sound like an expert at washing armpits in the sink OP. good job grin

I wouldn't have batted an eyelid at that!

burberryqueen Sun 07-Jul-13 19:04:15

yanbu

justsosweatyandsmelly Sun 07-Jul-13 19:03:54

hehe I didn't use the bar ON my armpit anyway - I lathered my hands and transferred to mingy sweaty armpit, but anyway it was a pump, nice soap too that bayliss & harding stuff grin

ZolaBuddleia Sun 07-Jul-13 19:00:24

Was it a bar of soap, or a pump dispenser? One is much less minging than the other for slooshing round an armpit in a communal situation. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now