Stupid fucking bastard car driver

(69 Posts)
Eve Sun 07-Jul-13 17:14:57

.... A game keeper as well, on 30 mph speed limit on a country road.

Drove into back of my best friend when she was on her horse, horse had to be put down & she's in theatre with a broken back.

He was beautiful, he was her world, I loved him.

ImTooHecsyForYourParty Sun 07-Jul-13 17:17:49

Poor woman and poor horse.

I hope she's going to be ok.

Bloody stupid man. I see it all the time, idiots driving far too fast on narrow winding country lanes and then slamming on the emergency brakes when they go round a corner and there's a horse, or a cyclist, or a tractor.

How stupid do you have to be to not understand what may be round a blind bend on a country road hmm

when is she expected to be out of theatre?

EricNorthmanIsMyMaker Sun 07-Jul-13 17:18:43

So sorry to hear that & hope your friend recovers.
How the fuck do you not see a horse in front of you????
Is he being done for driving like a knob?

gordyslovesheep Sun 07-Jul-13 17:19:05

Oh no sad oh how awful - how sad x

dexter73 Sun 07-Jul-13 17:20:10

That sounds horrific. I hope your friend makes a good recovery.

Methe Sun 07-Jul-13 17:21:10

How awful sad

kinkyfuckery Sun 07-Jul-13 17:21:22

Oh fucking hell! Hope your friend is ok, please keep us updated.

How horrid hope wish her a speedy recovery

GibberTheMonkey Sun 07-Jul-13 17:22:23

Oh your poor friend
Poor horse, poor her
I hope she's ok

Mama1980 Sun 07-Jul-13 17:22:57

How awful hmm when is your friend going to be out of theatre? X

McNewPants2013 Sun 07-Jul-13 17:24:38

What a fucking loon, I hope the person responsible is banned from driving.

Hope your friend is ok and wish her a speedy recovery.

Rip to the horse xxxxx

SucksToBeMe Sun 07-Jul-13 17:30:54

Poor horse. What was he thinking???? I've all but stopped riding my horses down the road. My mum lost her best friend when they were both 16 riding down a quiet country lane. A drunk driver killed her outright. He was doctor and didn't get a custodial sentence.

I hope your friend will be ok, she will need a good friend like you to support her.

FrankSpenser Sun 07-Jul-13 17:36:09

Sentencing is far too lenient with regards to dangerous/reckless driving IMO.

I do hope there are no lasting lifelong repercussions because of your friends broken back. I wish her speedy recovery.

digerd Sun 07-Jul-13 17:42:38

sad angry shock.

angry what a cunt.

Hope your friend is ok. So sad about the horse, I have a friend with horses and they take up such a special place in her heart, they're like her children. I hope he gets brought to justice and your friend recovers.

* assuming the driver was a man.

gallifrey Sun 07-Jul-13 18:01:45

How terrible, that is every horse owners worst nightmare, poor horse and poor girl sad

RandomMess Sun 07-Jul-13 18:02:46

How utterly tragic and uneccesary

OodPi Sun 07-Jul-13 18:07:59

So sorry to hear this sad

This is dreadful, I'm so sorry OP. My Mum broke her neck in a similar accident 5 years ago.

I pray for your friend and her poor horse thanks sad

Branleuse Sun 07-Jul-13 18:48:15

oh god, how awful :'(

MissStrawberry Sun 07-Jul-13 18:50:40

What a shock for you all sad.

NatashaBee Sun 07-Jul-13 18:51:17

How awful. I hope he goes to prison. Everything crossed for your friend to recover quickly.

Plomino Sun 07-Jul-13 18:51:43

On god I'm so sorry . I've had some very very near misses , even though go I and all of my horses go out with a full set of hi vi. - jackets , tail guards , fluorescent mesh sheets , leg guards , even my back protector has hi viz on it .

And I've still had several near misses , including one who hit my stirrup and ripped it clean from my foot . People just don't see horses on the road . Or if they do , they either see them but don't take any account of them , or expect to be able to whizz past them with no safety margin and no consequences . It's not like we go on the roads for the love of it .

Please send my most heartfelt wishes to your friend and wish her the best for her recovery . I know how she feels losing a horse in tragic circumstances and I wouldn't wish it on anyone .

WireCat Sun 07-Jul-13 18:52:07

Oh my goodness. How awful sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now