To think the lead singer of the Arctic Monkeys is a dick?

(37 Posts)
YellowTulips Sat 29-Jun-13 00:29:47

WTF - just watching Glastonbury - thinks he is Elvis. Lost all that Northern grit. Awful. Awful. angry

timidviper Sat 29-Jun-13 13:50:52

I thought they were ok but was bemused by the accent too.

Can't bear Jo Whiley with her sycophancy and fake, smiley sincerity though. Glastonbury has become too much of a "look at me posing, aren't I cool" event for my liking but her interviews are even more painful than most.

nellyjelly Sat 29-Jun-13 13:44:35

I think the rock and roll srtuff from Alex Turner was pure irony tbh. Still.....not to everyone's taste I know.

Re wasted slebs. I guess if I was young and vaguely famous I would enjoy the chance to drink etc at the free Glasto bar and rub shoukders with the famous. You can't blame them! It does though mean the interviewers get a hard time.

BTW Craig Charles was interviewing Nile Rodgers! Heis a bloody legend woman!

I was too busy laughing at Craig trying hard not to gurn to follow the interview

singaporeswing Sat 29-Jun-13 08:40:43

Agreed. Find it so ironic that he sings "you're not from New York City, you're from Rotherham" when he's become this pseudo wanky trans Atlantic cock that he's taking the piss out of.

WannaBeANinja Sat 29-Jun-13 08:31:48

I was watching last night with DH and the first thing we said was "he's trying to be like elvis"

I always liked them not now.

they are dicks who have got to big for their pants.

Llanbobl Sat 29-Jun-13 08:28:17

Ok, maybe I was a tad harsh on Bobby Knuttgrin

you can take bobby knutt of that list right now, EY UP NUTTY!!!!

Llanbobl Sat 29-Jun-13 07:53:37

I'd dispute the tru-fax, I give you (amongst others), Neil Warnock, Oona King, David Blunkett, Martin Caine, Bobby Knutt, Roy Hattersley, Naseem Hamed and Peter Stringfellow

"AHandfulOfDust Sat 29-Jun-13 02:56:39

No-one from Sheffield is a dick.

Tru-fax."

this!!!!

Llanbobl Sat 29-Jun-13 07:29:37

* there* not their obvsblush

Llanbobl Sat 29-Jun-13 07:28:35

I switched off part way through their set - just like last time they were at Glastonbury, they were shit. Get Jon McClure up their - Reverend and the Makers are a Sheffield band who know how to rock. grin

nellyjelly Sat 29-Jun-13 06:59:48

Posturing not oosturing!

nellyjelly Sat 29-Jun-13 06:59:15

I thought they were good. Surely the rock and roll oosturing was just an act, part of the show. Hence the slicked back hair etc.

Agree about all these acts looking wasted though. Must be a pain to interview them.

BTW Craig Charles was nterviewing Nile Rodgers! Heis a bloody legend woman!

Pah!

Oh no, I luffs Arctic Monkeys and was going catch up tonight sad

I shall watch later and make my own mind up grin

I saw Craig Charles interviewing someone earlier and he was completely wasted too.
I couldn't even name a song by the Artic Monkeys, my mum likes them though.

TheRealFellatio Sat 29-Jun-13 03:57:37

It was Gordon Brown, not Tony Blair.

Which is even worse.

SyraCusa Sat 29-Jun-13 03:56:56

Posh boys that pretend not to be so they can 'fit in'

Not true. Alex went to the same school as me, definitely not posh.

I didn't see Glastonbury tonight so can't comment, but would have thought pseudo-transatlantic rock posturing more likely. I don't really blame them though, they were killed by over-hype after one album.

(It was Brown, not Blair, who pretended to like them. Blair would've handled such questions with less cringeworthy embarrassment).

No-one from Sheffield is a dick.

Tru-fax.

dopeysheep Sat 29-Jun-13 02:44:22

I dislike monkeys anyway, definitely my least favourite animal, so arctic ones are no different. Shit throwing tossers.

dopeysheep Sat 29-Jun-13 02:41:13

Dunno about the Arctic Monkeys who are seven kinds of shite but watched Rizzle Kicks earlier being interviewed ( badly) and they were wasted as well.
Greg James then said afterwards "they've been in hospitality for several hours and are very 'relaxed'"

madmayday Sat 29-Jun-13 02:00:44

Coked up.

YellowTulips Sat 29-Jun-13 01:20:36

Have a soft spot for Lauren Laverne (not sure on the spelling). She might be a mackem but she's a bright lass.

LackaDAISYcal Sat 29-Jun-13 01:09:10

grin...sometimes I really wish there was a like button on MN!!

YellowTulips Sat 29-Jun-13 01:07:03

All the DJ's are sycophants - it's like the inevitability of poo in a nappy.

SwedishEdith Sat 29-Jun-13 01:04:37

They were very, very boring. But, god almighty, how inane is Jo Whiley - "You nailed it". Jeeze, she has been so, so lucky in her career

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now