To be miffed at "Gift list for mother of the baby/naming ceremony" *PART 2!"

(248 Posts)
doubleshotespresso Thu 27-Jun-13 19:41:23

Have been advised by the expert Mners here this needs a new thread....

So here it is.

Have printed off todays' email from the sister from hell for friends DH who is dropping in later to read, probably drink and discuss.....

Thanks so much for all your replies.... You ladies are helping me reain sane when I really really really want to lose the plot spectacularly!

Am about to sort dinner and stuff so wll update further later when friends DH has been and I know what to do if anything....

DF just read the email and is "do recycling and smash stuff" to "absorb before he comes over really South London.... sad. He is furious at the sister even referring to our recent loss amongst other comments in the message and wants a level head before our friend arrives...

All will be fine..... Will update later.

NatashaBee Thu 27-Jun-13 20:42:05

Oh my. She is just Something Else. I agree, it would be terrible if she was given the wrong date.

LittleBearPad Thu 27-Jun-13 20:42:43

Joining the thread. She's a five star bitch and you're great. Don't forget this.

Pimpf Thu 27-Jun-13 20:44:03

Oh my fucking god. This woman just keeps on getting better and better. She obviously has the skin of a rhino. My suggestion would be you send her the link to these threads, it might just get through to her what a stupid, ignorant, grabby, arrogant stupid bitch she is, though probably not.

(Wonder if she feels entitled to park on people's drives......)

AaDB Thu 27-Jun-13 20:44:07

WTAF is a first aunt? Is it like first cousin with the implication that you are one step removed? She has an ego the size of Australia.

OrangeLily Thu 27-Jun-13 20:45:22

Wow... you don't read a thread for a few days and look what happens.

Firstly, congratulations!!! That's lovely news.

Secondly, sister is on a completely different planet. The letting niece know she can dream big is absolutely ridiculous. Maybe she is suffering from some kind of delusional thing?

tedmundo Thu 27-Jun-13 20:50:27

"I am not used to this treatment" .. oh my giddy (first) aunt!

I have now heard it all.

OP - congrats on your engagement. Wishing you both a long, happy marriage.

onedev Thu 27-Jun-13 20:50:32

That sister is shocking - how old is she? Can't believe this is still carrying on!

Can we just send her a link to these threads? Pleeeease!

ChasedByBees Thu 27-Jun-13 20:52:41

Good lord, she's nuts.

DameFanny Thu 27-Jun-13 20:53:21

<<settles in and gets comfy>>

I wonder if some frank (not Fronk) Australian vernacular would go down well?

<<goes off to google strine>>

SmiteYouWithThunderbolts Thu 27-Jun-13 20:54:48

She is a terrible cunt. I am astonished! How dare she so flippantly refer to your recent loss in that email! What a terrible, terrible cunt.

Give the email to friend's DH and mother. Let them do the ripping to shreds. It'll be much better coming from them.

Xiaoxiong Thu 27-Jun-13 20:56:49

I've just actually advised a poster on another thread that they have to let the person related to the toxic relative in their life deal with them because otherwise they risk being cast as the nutcase who drove the wedge between the family. In that case it was advising a MNer to let her DH deal with his toxic parents (her ILs).

I think the same principle applies here really - your friend's DH, lovely as he sounds, is vulnerable to being cast as the bad guy and really the only people who can step in decisively are the parents of your friend and her sister.

I just worry that toxic sister will again spin this as "my sister's DH is in cahoots with doubleshot, turning my sister against me, he's behind this really etc etc". And it won't end.

Anyway hopefully her DH will read it, hit the roof, calm down again, and then call his ILs to ask them to tell her to back off.

Mia4 Thu 27-Jun-13 21:00:53

I think the bitch of a sister needs to come over to AIBU, read your threads, announce who she is her and get her arse owned on this one!

Seriously though, what a spoilt, entitled, self absorbed little scab.

SomethingNarstyInTheWoodshed Thu 27-Jun-13 21:01:36

Good Lord!

Hopefully friend's dh chooses to completely ignore her!

If she's ignored by Everton she may feel unable to travel since she hasn't moved forward in the process. grin

What a crazy, bitchy cow bag!

SisterMonicaJoan Thu 27-Jun-13 21:04:56

What a bitch to refer to your loss.

I can understand why DF is so upset.

I am worried about sister turning up and ruining the ceremony for your friend - she sounds the type and already thinks it's all about her.

I'm glad your friend's DH is going to deal with it from here (maybe with some double-stylee input??)

flowers

Mmmnotsure Thu 27-Jun-13 21:06:14

Many congratulations on your engagement, and on being such a good friend.

May I just suggest a bit of caution here? At the risk of sounding like Brewer's Phrase and Fable, two things: 'blood is thicker than water', and 'least said, soonest mended'. I know you will want to be good friends with your friend and her dh for a long time to come, but ime families can be funny things. However close you and your df are at the moment with your friend and her dh, it's always possible that things will crop up in the future which might bind people to their families more than to their friends, however unfair and unreasonable that would seem. So telling her dsis what you think - and fwiw I would want to do that, especially her callous disregarding nod to recent events in your own life - might not work out best in the long run.

I expect you want to kick your friend's dsis into the middle of next week (or come over all South Londongrin). But lots of people have said the same thing - to pass this straight on to her dh and her parents/dm as a family matter - and that really does seem the wisest thing to do. That way you can keep out of it all and be available to continue supporting your friend.

Happily this is the start of good things for you. I am sure you will have a wonderfully happy future, with your df...dh and children.

DameFanny Thu 27-Jun-13 21:06:29

So, she's not to Spit the Dummy because her planner was set to make Rafferty's Rules because at heart he's a Swagman. Your friend's a Game girl who's now organised herself a Bonza Bash, and unless the sister wants to Hit her Kick she needs to stop being a Stickybeak and trying to Drop In her niece's party.

(I'm reading this in the voice of Hermione Bucket)

I'm furious with bonkers sister for making you cry. angry
It's a good job she's still in Oz or she might be descended upon by a horde of angry MNetters!

Lovely to hear you refer to DF instead of DP though. grin

diddl Thu 27-Jun-13 21:22:47

How does the mother getting expensive pressies help the daughter (baby niece) think/dream big??

Doesn't it just say-my naming ceremony wasn't about me??!!

ISeeSmallPeople Thu 27-Jun-13 21:26:25

diddl you are not thinking big enough grin

The lesson from First Aunt is you too can be an uber bitch and profit from screwing your friends and family just like she & Fronk were, until pesky doubleespresso got in the way

fuckwittery Thu 27-Jun-13 21:26:56

Ouch to latest email!
Cant remember if I've posted before on your thread but I've been following it and huge congratulations!

Just wanted to comment if you dont' mind on your issue of your wedding after your fiance's first wife died and her wider family. My cousin died in her mid 30s leaving 2 small boys, we as her family were delighted when her husband married a lovely girl (was only 2 years after), she invites us to all their family dos and vice versa and my family is all v close to her as step mum and wife.
I cant remember if the family were invited or attended the wedding as I live in a different country but definitely would have been pleased to have been asked and I suspect my family members did go as we're so happy to see the boys have a lovely step mum and my cousin's widow happily remarried. You sound equally lovely.

You need to read Part 1 diddl

here

Sorry, diddl, you clearly have. blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now