Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To be in a rage about my Magnum ice cream?

(34 Posts)
maternitart Fri 21-Jun-13 16:34:49

In a bad mood so thought I'd treat myself to a Magnum.

Firstly when I opened it the chocolate shell was all smashed up so I didn't get the satisfying crack of breaking it, and shards of choc started flaking off everywhere.

Secondly, the stick was poorly placed (off-centre) meaning that within a few bites the whole ice cream was about to fall off it.

I grabbed the nearest suitable thing to save it which was a plate with DS' partially gummed bread crusts on, so the now disrobed ice cream centre got covered in breadcrumbs.

Then DS immediately smooshed his arm into the plate by throwing himself backwards, and then threw said arms at my black jeans.

AIBU to be in a boiling rage at this travesty? Knew I should have had a bloody Calippo.

maternitart Fri 21-Jun-13 18:26:39

Do you think I should take a photo of my DS' sleeve and the breadcrumb plate with sad Magnum stick as evidence?

Bert coincidentally years ago I wrote to B&J about my Carsmel Chew Chew only having a paltry 2(!) caramel chocolate covered chews in the tub. I didn't get three vouchers though ( just as well as I was fat enough already and used to put a whole tub away in one go...)

maternitart Fri 21-Jun-13 18:29:38

Also I'm certain they didn't sell Peanut Butter Cup flavour in the uk any more....???

extracrunchy Fri 21-Jun-13 18:31:48

No... Way...

MrsBertMacklin Fri 21-Jun-13 18:39:35

PB cup flavour is gone but the new Core one is this

From this review, looks like 'Kev' also got swindled on the cups front.

Do send them a photo. If I was employed to review customer complaints, anything that stood out or made me laugh would get extra vouchers.

theweeyin Fri 21-Jun-13 18:42:09

I bet it didn't grow back either!!! I'd definitely complain wink

maternitart Fri 21-Jun-13 19:03:50

Ah yes - I had that PB Core one (I do occasionally eat food other than ice cream) and agree with Kev that it was way too jammy. The peanut butter bit would have been good with a hot jam sauce though. Nom.

I think maybe my Magnum disaster was fate's way of telling me I should have gone for the double-walled construction type with the delicious caramel gooey stuff in, which is what I really wanted. But I was trying to be "sensible" and went for the less messy Classic instead.

Right. I'm going to send this thread to Mr M. Agnum at Unilever and see what they say! Will report back...

maternitart Fri 21-Jun-13 19:04:48

No it didn't grow back theweeyin . What's the number for the ASA again?

Sallyingforth Fri 21-Jun-13 19:37:19

Next time don't eat it. Put it in an envelope and post it to the customer complaints dept. Second class post should be good enough.

lessonsintightropes Fri 21-Jun-13 20:31:32

I have just dispatched DH to the shop for emergency Magnums grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now