to feel let down by mumsnet

(413 Posts)
cantbedoingwithit Fri 21-Jun-13 16:17:23

A friend has been raving about mumsnet and said that i should join as it is "like talking to friends who are supportive, friendly and who give sound advice." I have been lurking on mn and have been reading lots of threads and have been put off from starting a thread myself because i found some of the replies really quite un friendly (to say the least) and some sound quite rude. I realize that mn prides its self on being a 'no nonsense' type of forum and life isnt all flowers and fluffy clouds, and that sometimes the truth isnt always 'nice' but i was quite shocked at some of the 'un sisterly' comments.

SirRaymondClench Fri 21-Jun-13 16:37:04

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

PoppyAmex Fri 21-Jun-13 16:37:35

Carpe that's by far the best link ever!

TrinityRhino Fri 21-Jun-13 16:39:09

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

TrinityRhino Fri 21-Jun-13 16:39:46

oops
hi helen

MadBusLady Fri 21-Jun-13 16:40:13

grin You lot

TrinityRhino Fri 21-Jun-13 16:40:22

wow that was lightening quick

sorry miss

usualsuspect Fri 21-Jun-13 16:40:36

Helen has gone crazy with the delete button.

SoleSource Fri 21-Jun-13 16:40:42

I missed the naughty posts!

were they about me? sad

Ooh, what did you say usual grin

< ignores replies (and repeats ?) may also be deleted >

OP. Give us a try seeing as we're on your thread now. What's the problem ?

Eyesunderarock Fri 21-Jun-13 16:41:59

See, OP?
The deadly lasers of MN Towers will make everyone be nice to you. grin
Be happy!
static.neatoshop.com/images/product/40/5540/Cybermen-Delete-Doctor-Who-Poster_25849-l.jpg?v=25849

That was my first deletion! And It was only a clip of Saruman singing [sad face and nude heels]

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 21-Jun-13 16:42:45

usualsuspect

Helen has gone crazy with the delete button.

Wotchit.

I think you'll find me and my delete button act in a perfect and utterly reasonable unison of calm.

usualsuspect Fri 21-Jun-13 16:42:50

I will tell you when Helen's gone, will someone start a bunfight thread and distract her.

SoleSource Fri 21-Jun-13 16:42:59

Pwoar look at all those chops on QVC

PWOAR look at the sexy chef

Eyesunderarock Fri 21-Jun-13 16:45:24

It must be like playing Space Invaders, does your heart rate rise as the challenge grows more complex Helen?
Or do you get all cool and focused?

Thumbwitch Fri 21-Jun-13 16:45:35

YABU. But you know that or you wouldn't have started a bunfighty thread in the first place.hmm

This place is phenomenal but it is made up of thousands of individuals, all of whom have their own way of contributing. You won't get the same response from all of them because we are all individuals and we have our own viewpoints. MN is not a "thing". It is composed of all of us.

There are other forums out there that may suit you better; or you could pull your horns in and sit around this one for a while longer.

It's impressive how supportive this place can be, and lifesaving too: This is one example - it's an old thread, yes, but it's the one that has been most recently brought to my attention and one of the most amazing on here, IMO.

IF you can't take a bit of straight talking, then yes, you'd better leave MN again. But you'll be missing out.

Tiredmumno1 Fri 21-Jun-13 16:45:39

sniggers at usual getting deleted a minute after Helen pops up grin

piprabbit Fri 21-Jun-13 16:46:04

(I've hidden a bottle of gin somewhere in Local - shouldn't be long now).

HoneyDragon Fri 21-Jun-13 16:46:17
Echocave Fri 21-Jun-13 16:46:22

I think people are quite blunt at times here and I've been a bit offended at times [oversensitive] but when I had a nightmare with breast feeding, i really did have great advice and kind support. If you have a real problem, I think people here are really helpful. I'd stick around OP. you might grow to like it!

Eyesunderarock Fri 21-Jun-13 16:47:33

Oh, I liked this babyheave:
'Have you only been looking in AIBU? To be honest its like using a tank of sharks to judge how nice fish are.'

So true, so very true. A better image than the nest of vipers even!

TrinityRhino Fri 21-Jun-13 17:01:07

to be perfectly serious, you are totally being unreasonable and totally wrong

mumsnetters are awesome

you may not get on with all of them but that's life

in the huge majority that are wonderful people

<gavel>

no need for any more posts, I have spoken <sticks tongue out>

JohnnyUtah Fri 21-Jun-13 17:09:39

usualsuspect Fri 21-Jun-13 17:27:22

usualsuspect Fri 21-Jun-13 17:35:03

Err, I never said owt.

I've got the hump now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now