Re Potato Wedges and DH - he has agreed to abide by MN decision (trivial)

(263 Posts)
MsGee Tue 18-Jun-13 10:38:20

So MN jury its up to you - DH has agreed that whatever you decide, he will stick with...

Last night we were discussing what to have for tea tonight - agreed quiche and salad. He eats half of a family size quiche.

He thinks this is insufficient (with salad - bog standard so I don't drip feed, lettuce, tomato and cucumber), so I am doing potato wedges with it.

The wedges are big. He wants FIVE. I told him this was pure gluttony and three would be sufficient. He thinks I'm being silly.

<disclaimer, I don't really care either way but was just surprised that my previous meals had been 5 large wedges short of fulfilling grin >

So how many wedges is DH getting for tea then?

mrsjay Tue 18-Jun-13 10:52:14

mrsjay. Womens food? Why? I have no clue he half jokes about it I think it is because it usually has salad with it which is also not man food

Startail Tue 18-Jun-13 10:53:56

In this house he'd start with 4 and get 5 because DD2 never eats all her food.

mrsjay Tue 18-Jun-13 10:54:15

ach nothing wrong with a bit of trivia imo and I have decided to have loads a few wedges with my fishcakes later grin

MsGee Tue 18-Jun-13 10:55:42

I think this thread is testament to how dull I am and how dull my posts must normally be to have such a rapid response on the issue of wedges.

However - quiche www.ocado.com/webshop/product/Broccoli--Gruyere-Quiche-Waitrose/23419011?from=search&tags¶m=quiche&parentContainer=SEARCHquiche_SHELFVIEW

Wedges - www.waitrose.com/shop/ProductView-10317-10001-73509-Waitrose+frozen+chunky+potato+wedges

You're all going to tell him to leave me for cooking such tiny meals aren't you? grin

MsGee Tue 18-Jun-13 10:57:46

mrsjay we had fishcakes and wedges with salad last night.

Its very rock n roll here.

I might cook pasta tmrw. Which I tend to overfeed him with. And I think I gave him about 6-7 wedges last night.

Clearly my issues are just with quiche and wedges.

flowery Tue 18-Jun-13 10:58:21

I'd definitely eat at least 5 of those wedges, no question.

<continues to avoid work>

MsGee Tue 18-Jun-13 11:00:46

flowery as I am also avoiding work perhaps we can open this up to all manner of trivial queries, just for MN to decide.

Also in response to someone - DH is pretty easy going, I am sure I can concoct other situations where MN decide his fate ...

half of one of those, 2 of those tiny wedges and some rabbit food? Christ, i cant believe you think thats an actual adult male sized meal.

My DH would laugh and ask where the rest of his dinner was.

You seriously would only cook 3 of those wedges? They're tiny, they're smaller than the ones you get from dominoes pizza and they give you at least 10.

Never mind 5, cook a decent amount you stingey woman.

noblegiraffe Tue 18-Jun-13 11:01:06

I'd feel hungry if served quiche and salad for dinner too, that would be a fairly light lunch. Quiche always feels like it's mostly air.

And I'd want more than three wedges, that's not even a whole potato!

GiveMumABreak Tue 18-Jun-13 11:02:09

Give poor DH as many potatoe wedges as he wants / needs!

Otherworld Tue 18-Jun-13 11:02:21

Yep agree with flowery. Although years of penance at Slimming World has taught me that quiche is surprisingly full of fat and calories so probably is a substantial meal - if not a bulky "man sized" meal.

<cannot avoid document any longer>

kotinka Tue 18-Jun-13 11:02:33

it's a very carby meal, all that pastry and spud. maybe filling up on a different veg would be healthier? you could do green beans or roasted pepper and aubergine?

NumTumDeDum Tue 18-Jun-13 11:03:36

Ahem. Frozen wedges? Frozen wedges!?! It's just a potato cut up and put in the oven. I didn't know frozen wedges existed!

Maryz Tue 18-Jun-13 11:03:58

Wow, you are talking about frozen wedges shock

My teenage boys would share a packet between them, so that would be about 20 each, I suspect. They could also manage a whole shop-bought quiche each, as could ds.

And none of them are anywhere near overweight, the fuckers.

dd and I would have a quarter quiche and salad and put on half a stone each.

Life is unfair.

NumTumDeDum Tue 18-Jun-13 11:05:27

Apparently as dm informs me, it is possible also to get frozen jackets and omlettes. <shakes head slowly in wonderment>

ClaraOswald Tue 18-Jun-13 11:05:32

I'd usually do a baked spud or baby new potatoes and my DH would have about six of those.

MsGee Tue 18-Jun-13 11:07:29

Ok ... so the verdict is now that even 5 is too stingey?

I know its all crap you bung in the oven, I don't really do cooking.

I don't actually have any other fresh veg. Frozen parsnips? Frozen peas? You can see where this is going...

superbagpuss Tue 18-Jun-13 11:07:59

my dh makes amazing wedges but only when I am sad, moody, needy etc grin

I would eat five of his giant ones

but then I am a foody person

OneMoreChap Tue 18-Jun-13 11:08:35

Can I just point to en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_Men_Don't_Eat_Quiche ?

I eat quiche; and salad;and at least 5 wedges grin

LaRegina Tue 18-Jun-13 11:08:51

I need to know the dimensions of the wedges to be able to comment...

But in LaMaisonRegina they would have to be blardy big wedges to only have four each.

And anyway, you are not his mother smile

plainjaney Tue 18-Jun-13 11:09:25

Frozen Jackets are bloody lovely (The McCain ones). Don't see the issue with them TBH, 5 minutes in the microwave as opposed to an hour in the oven.

Maryz Tue 18-Jun-13 11:09:31

Have you seen frozen massed potatoes yet, num?

Maryz Tue 18-Jun-13 11:10:37

oops, that would be mashed - though you could eat masses of the stuff if you were a teenage boy.

MoominMammasHandbag Tue 18-Jun-13 11:10:46

I'm 5' 2'' and slim. I could easily eat that much quiche and 10 wedgies.

SixPackWellies Tue 18-Jun-13 11:11:35

Nowt wrong with trivial IMHO.

Feed the man as much as he wants!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now