Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To have expected some feedback from this couple

(30 Posts)
TerrysNo2 Thu 13-Jun-13 20:25:23

Lovely couple came to look at our house on Saturday morning, I showed them around and told them all about the house (its a listed building so quite quirky).

They came back on Sunday afternoon with parents and I told them I had sent the kids out so they could look around undisturbed. I told them to nose about at whatever they wanted and ask me anything. All 4 of them spent an hour looking around the whole house (its a small 3 bed semi).

They told the agent on Monday they were considering an offer but since then nada.

I don't mind if they don't want to house but AIBU to be pissed off that they haven't even bothered to call and say either way?

DoJo Thu 13-Jun-13 23:27:28

What could they say that would really make a difference?

UptheChimney Thu 13-Jun-13 23:46:00

You really think IABU to expect feedback Mia? I don't expect it from every viewer (although it would be nice) but I spent an hour and a half of my weekend showing them around and accommodating them at late notice, surely its just polite

You are BU. It's business. You spent your time trying to sell them something which will probably be one of the biggest purchases of their lives. They're under no obligation to say anything to you, and they may want to take their time in thinking through an offer.

It's business. You need to start thinking about it as a business transaction, not a social occasion.

Raum Fri 14-Jun-13 00:20:01

OP they could well be seeing if an offer is feasible with the banks etc. I know on or last house move we have an agreement in principle which the banks messed us about with the instant we started looking serious about buying.it's possible they have a couple of hoses to check our they brought their parents hoping they'd offer to help out financially but that didn't happen though..

megsmouse Fri 14-Jun-13 07:26:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Groovee Fri 14-Jun-13 07:42:38

We had something similar, popped in at open viewing, made an appointment for another evening, then nothing for 2 weeks. Transpired they were looking to see if they could get a mortgage or not!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now