To tell my "friend" to piss off

(201 Posts)
HotelTangoFoxtrotUniform Thu 13-Jun-13 13:43:26

I lost a fair bit of weight a few years ago (40lbs) and I have a friend, who I met as I was losing the weight, who seemingly has to remind me of how big I was (size 16), particularly that I was big on my wedding day. I don't understand why she has to bring it up all the time, particularly when she is substantially bigger than I am yet I wouldn't dream of calling her fat. Her most recent comment, looking at a picture of said wedding day, was that my tummy stuck out far farther than my boobs (it didn't). I just don't understand it.

She also criticises my grammar, which I think is normally quite good, today accusing me of corporate speak. Who fucking cares if I said something she deems "corporate" (evidently me).

WIBU to tell her to fuck off? She's not being particularly kind, which makes me feel shit, and she is currently staying with me (rent free) at weekends so she can keep her job in our city having moved hundreds of miles away to save money.

BoomChicaBoom Fri 21-Jun-13 20:14:11

Finished! Good for you hotel, she's a nasty piece of work. Feel sorry for her that she obviously feels bad enough about herself to treat you in that way in order to make herself feel better.

Sorry, that was atrocious grammar but can't be arsed to edit.

Enjoy having your house back!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now