to ask for positive pnd outcome stories?

(483 Posts)
CailinDana Wed 22-May-13 16:41:08

Have finally admitted i have pnd. I've had depression before so i know i have a slow road to recovery ahead. I would so appreciate anyone else's stories of how they overcame pnd. I need some reassurance at the moment.

Apparentlychilled Sun 23-Jun-13 19:27:51

Hey Cailin. Just a little wave from Yorkshire. Been a bit hectic the last few days w travelling home for funeral etc. am utterly pooped and kind of brainless now- suspect I shd have passed on the funeral. Thinking of you.

CailinDana Mon 24-Jun-13 14:10:39

Having an awful day today. Feeling incredibly guilty about being on meds while bfing. Considering stopping meds.

Apparentlychilled Mon 24-Jun-13 17:20:57

speak to your dr before you do, Cailin- I know they wouldn't have put you on anything that was bad for DD. Deep breath. One day more is nearly over.

CailinDana Mon 24-Jun-13 17:57:56

Thanks as ever chilled. Had a good talk to dh about it and i'm going to stick with the current dose.

Apparentlychilled Mon 01-Jul-13 21:31:45

Hi Cailin

How are things?

CailinDana Mon 01-Jul-13 21:46:05

Hi chilled. Sorry for the slow reply. I'm pretty good. Dd is now taking a small bit of milk enthusiastically every day from a doidy cup. Not a perfect solution as it's no good for night feeds but it's better than nothing. Had a lovely weekend - went out both days and kids were in top form. Still quite anxious but managing not to let it cripple me. Still no sleep but hey can't have everything!

How are you?

Apparentlychilled Tue 02-Jul-13 13:17:27

Glad to hear it was a good weekend and that there's progress w DD!

I'm good. Lots of morning sickness and utterly wiped out most of the time, but I know that's all good. I should have my (normal 12 week) scan in about 2 weeks, so I'm looking forward to getting to that point.

SnoozyGiraffe Thu 19-Sep-13 19:41:52

Thanks Cailin, for starting this chat. I've just had my first baby, she's four weeks old and I've got pnd. It's really good to hear from people who've survived it because I'm quite frustrated with my lack of progress, even though everyone says it's early days.
I was just wondering if anyone had been sent to a mother and baby unit? The HV keeps mentioning it but I can't imagine what it would be like and I think it would be really hard on my OH. Sorry if I should have started a new chat confused.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now