Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to feel hurt by my so-called friend?

(79 Posts)
FictionPulp Sat 18-May-13 22:09:34

Organised a night out with my friend weeks ago, and reminded her about it a couple of days ago and she said she'd completely forget and that she didn't have much money this month due to her owing money out and having a few birthday.

Was disappointed but tried not to dwell on it and she suggested lunch on Sunday (tomorrow) instead. Text her today and said are we definitely going out tomorrow? 3 hours ago and still haven't heard back.

Go on Facebook and see that her friend has tagged her as out drinking. So she did go out tonight. I really could actually cry - if I'm not being unreasonable then I definitely am being pathetic sad

valiumredhead Sun 19-May-13 17:56:18

Something similar upset me too and I ended up deleting my FB account and am much happier for it. I wouldn't have known had it not been for FB and I would have been none the wiser.

digerd Sun 19-May-13 18:25:39

Actions speak*louder*than words. Words can be just for show and not meant.

digerd Sun 19-May-13 18:26:30

louder

Saddayinspring2 Sun 19-May-13 21:19:51

Rereading the OP sounds like she totally forgot, in the meantime arranged something else (? other friends birthday ) but didn't like to say so ...?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now