To not understand the point of Pintrest?

(32 Posts)
Whitewineformeplease Mon 13-May-13 12:44:23

So I have joined Pintrest, after loads of people told me I'd love it, I'd spend hours on it, it's addictive, etc. I have an account, now what the feck do I do? Do you just look at stuff and like it? Is it the Internet equivalent of walking around a whole load of fancy shops or an expensive department store saying to yourself, ooh, that's lovely, I'd love one of those. Can someone point me in the right direction please?

sooperdooper Tue 14-May-13 16:33:51

Decoy, it's not just other people's choices though, you add your own pins from other websites you see elsewhere and save them yourself - it's not just a case of looking at what other people have pinned smile

YoniBottsBumgina Tue 14-May-13 17:26:29

I don't really know how to pin from other sites yet. I think that would make it more interestingfir me.

OxfordBags Tue 14-May-13 18:56:40

Yoni, you need to install the 'Pin it!' Widget onto your toolbar and then, whenever you see something you like on a website, you click that button and it gives you a choice of images from that page to choose from, you choose theone you want and it pins it to whichever board you want it to go on. V easy, honest.

Lorialet Tue 14-May-13 20:04:01

I love it for storing recipes and garden ideas. I also use it for my business ~ I make jewellery so post pics and links to my latest work.

RunRabbit Tue 14-May-13 20:05:59

Damn you 'netters. Now I want to join it.
Great, one more thing for me to get obsessed with [sigh]

amandine07 Tue 14-May-13 21:27:02

I just signed up to Pinterest today and...I love it! I've created several boards already finding photos on things Iike, beautiful clothes, objects, flowers.

In the early stages of organising wedding- this website is going to be my trove of ideas, not need for expensive glossy magazines! smile

chirpchirp Tue 14-May-13 22:07:10

DH is extremely grateful that we got married before I discovered Pinterest!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now