woman was trying to force dd to eat a hamwidge

(513 Posts)
rosepettel Mon 13-May-13 05:54:12

yesterday i got told by dd that her mate mum was trying to force her to eat a hamwidge even thou we are veges.. dd got very upset and distressed.. im going to ring the woman and go nuts but what can i say..why would she do this she knows we are veges..im so angry at the min what would you do? woman was saying just eat it i wont tell youre mum but dd was saying no i dont want it and was crying i am so angry.. what will i do please help?

Oooookaaaay.

festered Tue 29-Oct-13 13:18:21

I wouldn't go nuts, it reinforces the belief that vegetarians are militant and crazy (which she may or may not already have)!

I would call her and have a chat about something else, say 'Thanks for having DD last night was everything okay?She was a bit upset when she got back?'
See what she says. If she doesn't mention the incident say 'She said you tried to make her eat meat, is that true, did you forget she was a vegetarian, perhaps that's why she was upset?'

justmuddlingalongsomehow Tue 29-Oct-13 14:03:24

Why was I deleted?!?!

LadyBeagleEyes Tue 29-Oct-13 14:06:34

I dunno justmuddling, what did you say?
Why was this thread brought back just so they could make a sarky remark?
Most odd.

SugarHut Tue 29-Oct-13 16:07:24

I'm trying (and failing) to understand how someone couldn't see ham as meat.

I have no idea why this sentence has literally made me spit my tea on my keyboard and roar with laughter, but it has! grin

Did you quote LordPalmerston? That did deserve deleting and then they'd have to delete you too.

justmuddlingalongsomehow Tue 29-Oct-13 16:15:59

Ah yes I did Baroness - I told her that her comment was vile!! That's it!

Heartbrokenmum73 Tue 29-Oct-13 16:19:07

I'm just loving that there are people giving fresh advice on this thread now!

ZOOOOOOMBIIIIIEEEEE THREEEEEEAAAAADDDDDD people!!!

Mouthfulofquiz Tue 29-Oct-13 16:35:23

Hamwidge????
Just because my kid calls bananas 'nana-nanaa' doesn't mean I'm going to call it that. I'm 32!
Is everyone else out there calling a ham sandwich a hamwidge these days and I've missed the memo??
Sorry - I haven't read all the posts on this though - well over 500....
I do think its very unreasonable to try and get a vegetarian child to eat meat and also to make them feel uneasy on purpose. That is mean.

Mouthfulofquiz Tue 29-Oct-13 16:36:10

I also missed that this thread is a million years old!
Sorrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Mojavewonderer Tue 29-Oct-13 17:08:18

I would be angry about the fact she was encouraging your child to lie!

nicename Tue 29-Oct-13 17:11:05

I had a quornwidge and tomatowidge for lunch. It was yumwidge.

I remember this thread first time around, and it was very funny then.

cory Tue 29-Oct-13 17:41:53

I would be fuming that she was trying to get the child to eat meat that has been out since May.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now