woman was trying to force dd to eat a hamwidge

(513 Posts)
rosepettel Mon 13-May-13 05:54:12

yesterday i got told by dd that her mate mum was trying to force her to eat a hamwidge even thou we are veges.. dd got very upset and distressed.. im going to ring the woman and go nuts but what can i say..why would she do this she knows we are veges..im so angry at the min what would you do? woman was saying just eat it i wont tell youre mum but dd was saying no i dont want it and was crying i am so angry.. what will i do please help?

amazingmumof6 Fri 24-May-13 07:35:48

oh no, that was not your facegrin grin

Inspired by this thread I told my DH earlier I wanted a GoodWidge not some gross SubwayWidge
I got THIS as a response.

Bloody awful song but now that it's lodged in my brain thought I'd share

ladyjadie Wed 05-Jun-13 10:22:25

That is hilarious unacceptable!

ZingWidge Tue 09-Jul-13 00:49:14

and just to round this off, I had to make an appearance to introduce my new name - inspired by this thread!

have a great SummerWidge! grin

Balaboosta Wed 10-Jul-13 00:39:10

I'm confused. Should you keep widges in the fwidge?

I laughed seeing this back in active conversations grin bugger me if I can't bread pig bread though hmm

ZingWidge Wed 10-Jul-13 11:37:11

balaboosta grin

we even have a BeerFwidge!

I loved this thread - inspiration indeed!wink

ZingWidge Wed 10-Jul-13 11:48:48

although don't put me in a fwidge!grin

ZingWidge Wed 17-Jul-13 20:00:26

and when you have one slice of bread (with any filling) folded in half it's called a HalfWidge.

now I'm happy

6cats3gingerkittens Tue 29-Oct-13 06:09:45

Get a life, you lot

LordPalmerston Tue 29-Oct-13 06:16:49

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Glittertwins Tue 29-Oct-13 06:35:03

Says a lot about the person resurrecting an old thread...

Retroformica Tue 29-Oct-13 07:41:19

I think you should allow your children to make their own decisions about meat eating outside of the house. Most vegetarians I know do this even with very young kids. At some point the child has to make its own choices about lots if things - religion, food, exercise, friends etc

Retroformica Tue 29-Oct-13 07:51:22

The other thing to consider is that your child will be offered meat products throughout her life (this was just the first time!) and if she wants to be a veggie she will decide to say no to the meat offering. Are you going to have a huge paddy every time she is offered meat?

justmuddlingalongsomehow Tue 29-Oct-13 08:07:04

Tbh it's the "we won't tell Mummy" thing that worries me most - coercing and trying to force a 4 year old to do something and then collude in trying to keep it a secret is very disturbing to me.

Call or email when you are calm and then steer clear. I can't imagine your dd being very happy to go back there anyway.

justmuddlingalongsomehow Tue 29-Oct-13 08:09:42

Just realised it's a zombie thread.

LordPalmerston - are you serious? "lol at illiterate op"
What a vile and judgemental comment.

weneedtotalkaboutkettles Tue 29-Oct-13 08:22:07

I've never understood the "let them make their own decisions" brigade. If you feel that something is wrong for health or for ethical reasons, wrong enough that you don't indulge in it yourself, then you don't let your child have it.

And I KNOW it is a zombie thread, but it's a point of view I have never understood.

Spirulina Tue 29-Oct-13 09:05:30

We need alerts to zombie threads! I have just read the whole thing and then realised....

Glittertwins Tue 29-Oct-13 10:22:32

oh the irony of being told to get a life by someone trawling zombie threads grin

I smelt a rat zombie when I saw that TSC had posted!

Troubledtimes Tue 29-Oct-13 11:40:47

Thank you thank you Thank you for reviving this thread. I'm in my sickbed and been snorting with laughter (smil) thenx

SoleSorceress Tue 29-Oct-13 12:02:48

I would ask the other Mom what actually occurred. Ask her why launch into a tirade of abuse. Your Daughter might be exaggerrating.i

Bowlersarm Tue 29-Oct-13 12:05:24

I liked this thread the first time round.

Once is enough though.

Finola1step Tue 29-Oct-13 12:06:46

Zombie on the loose!

everlong Tue 29-Oct-13 12:58:32

Strange you would dredge this up cats hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now