To feel sad every time I put away baby clothes that my DS has grown out of. I am not sure we will ever have a dc#2.

(26 Posts)
honeytea Thu 09-May-13 18:19:40

I am loving being a mum but I get a pang os sadness every time I put away clothes that ds has grown out of sad

It took 2 years to get pregnant with ds and we were trying very hard, ovulation testing and temping and having sex often. Both me and dphave fertility problems, I have pcos and fibroids and dp has odd shaped sperm, I feel like we would never be able to focus so much on ttc as so much of our time is taken up being parents now.

I became pregnant the month before we were due to start a cycle of IVF, oddly we were not trying that month as I had been told by my IVF dr that I would not ovulate that month.

Ds is 4.5 months old and growing fast he is a huge toddler sized baby every couple of weeks he grows out of clothes and I fold them away carefully for our next baby.

I just feel so so sad every time I put away his clothes, I feel like I am saving his old clothes for no reason as we probably won't be lucky enough to have another baby.

In a way I think I should just give all the clothes away and if we were lucky enough to have another baby we would have to buy new clothes.

I love ds so very very much, I know how lucky I am to have him, it is only when I put away his soft little babygrows and vests that I think about how unlikely dc#2 is.

Has anyone else felt sad about something as non important as baby clothes?

Rowgtfc72 Fri 10-May-13 19:17:34

I kept a few special clothes Everything else I couldnt wait to get rid of. Id love a second child but DH isnt having it. All we have left is the car seat which she has been in since seven months (its a 123). She has six cm to go untill she wont need it anymore, dreading the day it has to go !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now