to be very hacked off with Royal Mail?

(29 Posts)

I sent Wilf's college medical staff his repeat prescription by recorded delivery first class last Thursday and it still hasnt arrived.
I know it was a BH weekend but i always thought fc letters got there the next day. I have been tracking it and it just says it is travelling through their system. I have been hassling them on Twitter and they just say "Sorry hope it gets to you soon" hmm

kmdwestyorks Fri 10-May-13 10:36:45

Never ever trust royal mail with anything urgent, fragile or valuable. we do still have a postal system better than some countries but ours is also getting much less reliable.

Dh's business depends on the RM and he longer uses recorded first class delivery for exactly the reasons above, your prescription would have got there quicker in second class post.

Its also amazing how valuable things seem to go missing more often that inexpensive items

MrsKwazii Fri 10-May-13 10:42:03

First class can take up to three working days now apparently. I think RM want to push more people to (much more expensive) special delivery for next day stuff. As if their prices aren't high enough already. Glad it's arrived now though OP

HoHoHoNoYouDont Fri 10-May-13 10:49:34

I am going to praise RM now because I actually think they do a good job. Yes, they cock up from time to time but on the whole they provide a really good service. Well, imo anyway.

I use them A LOT. Due to their recent price hikes I briefly moved over to a courier company but had nothing but trouble with them. I have now moved the majority of the business back over to RM.

IcaMorgan Thankyou for that. I have just rang RM's Customer Services and logged a complaint. I spoke to a very nice man who assured me he would pass my complaint on to the area manager in Kent. He is also sending me a book of six first class stamps which is more than what i paid for the recorded delivery!smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now