To be horrified at my pubes making an advance on my knees....

(108 Posts)
TheScreamingfrog Thu 09-May-13 15:13:41

I am only 38 FFS shock

drfayray Fri 10-May-13 05:39:52

Not an attempt at stealth boasting but outright boasting.

One of the times I am glad I am Indian. Hardly any hair on my body (hardly have to shave my legs and arms smooth as) and my pubes are neat without work.

grin grin grin

A bit cold in winter I grant you...but I live in Brisbane where winters are about 20 degrees with lots of sunshine.

lougle Fri 10-May-13 06:39:35

The person who invents pain free, long lasting, quick and inexpensive hair removal is going to win an OBE for services to women, I reckon grin

GoodtoBetter Fri 10-May-13 06:46:40

Can we nominate MadBusLady's comment Walk a mile in my pubes, sister for quote of the week, pleeeeease? grin

EuroShaggleton Fri 10-May-13 07:02:51

Another one here with a pube-splosion from a young age. I had my thighs and bikini lasered 6 or so years ago. It's brilliant. I have just the odd hair here and there as regrowth. No scarring. No need to shave or wax ever. Well worth the investment.

theodorakisses Fri 10-May-13 08:23:35

More painful than anything but only for a brief few seconds. The inside bits are the worst. No scarring but I did keep getting thrush during the treatment.

theodorakisses Fri 10-May-13 08:24:11

I had everything done though, if it were just bikini it wouldn't hurt so much

MadBusLady Fri 10-May-13 09:32:29

GoodtoBetter I challenge you and everyone to use it in a conversation this weekend grin

NotTreadingGrapes Fri 10-May-13 09:36:30

Oh I have found my spiritual home!

Hairy big toes, one side only of face virtually furry. But only the left side. Which of course is the side dp keeps looking at and grimacing. Hairy line from top of normal pubes to belly button, yes, creeping inexorably towards knees in other direction.

Laquila Fri 10-May-13 09:39:55

Hmmm yes, I've always been fairly...abundant down there but lately mine seem to have been making a slow advance down my inner thighs. As if my stretch marks weren't having enough of a party in that particular area as it is.

FWIW I've only ever had one bikini wax, and I very nearly cried. It's Veet all the way for me!

freddiefrog Fri 10-May-13 09:46:20

I'm rocking an anti-landing strip look too. Totally bald in the middle but getting increasingly hairier as it spreads out. Fortunately it's not migrated down my legs yet

I do keep finding thick black hairs poking out all over the show though, one out of my thumb yesterday. I thought it was a loose eyelash or something but it was actually attached

I'm spending more and more time in my friend's beauty salon at the moment, I refuse to grow old gracefully

DH has acquired old man eye brows, although it hasn't migrated to ears and nostrils yet, I like to surprise attack with the tweezers when he's asleep grin

CharlieUniformNovemberTango Fri 10-May-13 09:57:31

Yay!!! I'm not some hairy freaksmile

I assumed it was global warming or something. It's been a long cold winter....

HeffalumpTheFlump Fri 10-May-13 10:04:38

I'm 22, so this is not related to age, I have PCOS, hair removal's natural enemy. Since puberty I have had hairy toes (DO NOT PLUCK unless you wanted to spend the day in tears), migrating pubes (down the legs, bumcrack and bumcheeks), leg hair that has defied the power of veet, no matter how many times they 'improve' the formula, a snail trail that rivals DH's, fluffy hair under my chin that can be seen in sunlight, and rogue nipple hairs that are oh so satisfying to pluck.

Why do women have to care about this stuff?? Whoever started the hair removal trend should be given all my body hair and see how they feel!! I can easily go through two disposable razors trying to tame the leg hair if it's been a while!

HeffalumpTheFlump Fri 10-May-13 10:12:53

Oh and it's all got worse since being pregnant... Yay!

I AM NOT A FREAK! Up yours DD, toe hair is normal, it does not make me a hobbit.

NIpple hair -check
anti landing strip fanjo -check
Pubetastic thighs - Check
Strokeable soft back of legs - check
Hairy toes- check
Chin hair- check
Tummy stripe-check

Anyone have a single grey hair growing out of their forehead?

meddie Fri 10-May-13 10:16:57

Mine seem to be in a race not only to my ankles but have recently started to developed a satellite colony on my chin. not only that but the damn things are white and coarse. You can feel them, but cant see them (since the eyes started to go) unless you are in certain light. Then it looks like I have an Albino porcupine lodged under my chin

NotTreadingGrapes Fri 10-May-13 10:22:20

Oh gosh yes, furry neck.

At least there, mine are also white, so invisible unless anyone strokes me. Which I try to avoid.

NotTreadingGrapes Fri 10-May-13 10:22:55

(I do find myself gently playing with the neck ones while watching telly, t'is very soothing. I'll be French plaiting them soon)

dufflefluffle Fri 10-May-13 10:27:29

I thought it had to do with having a baby - I had my second at age 37 and started developing a MOUSTACHE shockshockshock and hairy knuckles and mohair tights like a previous poster put it so poetically. I'm in denial about the whole thing - even though I'm blonde the moustache is quite luxurious by now blush

CRAPTA Fri 10-May-13 10:28:51

This thread is why I love mn.

Extra hairy woman here who's been hairy since my early 20's.

I had lots of electrolysis in my late 20's that sorted the hair out for a while.

It's common for hair on one side of the body to be stronger, thicker and need higher levels on the machine and more repeat sessions.

The hairs now getting a bit thicker and hairiness returning on the chin, thighs, mustache, bottom, toes, knuckles.

Depilitary creams are just not strong enough to work. I leave them on until my skin gets sore but they just aren't strong enough. I'm doing laser now.

My daughter already has a hairy back and legs. She's in lower primary school.

HeffalumpTheFlump Fri 10-May-13 10:40:45

I was just looking at my belly and have also noticed an inch long black hair in my belly button... Thought it was a cat hair... It's not. hmm

scarletforya Fri 10-May-13 10:57:46

Walk a mile in my pubes, sister Brilliant MadBusLady would make a good username!

I think the reasons hairs pop up one one side is that's the side where the ovary is failing. You ovulate on alternate sides each month so if one ovary is slowly closing down, that's the side you get the hair on. <my totally unproven theory based on a study of one>

TheScreamingfrog Fri 10-May-13 13:11:29

Wow. Is it wrong of me to feel relieved I am not the only one with a minge that would not be out of place in ZZ Top.
May be we should exhibit with pride? Head for the Lido en masse for a pube party?
grin

Hopasholic Fri 10-May-13 14:23:11

I was handed a flyer in the street from a young man for laser hair removal

He obviously thought 'ooh middle aged bearded lady, she'll have pubes coming out of her left right and centre'

Thanks you made my day! NOT!

ponders walking down road to sk!n clinic to check out price of handlebar tache removal

FariesDoExist Fri 10-May-13 18:53:52

I am cursed with:

- luxurious bush, rapidly progressing down inner thighs towards knees
- hairy nips
- whiskers

Also, I have one thin wispy hair which grows to about 2 inches long on my cheek. The bugger seems to grow literally overnight and I usually first notice it when I'm in the toilets in work. On one occasion I noticed it when it brushed against my lip while I was chatting to a friend. It kind of tickled me, and I just knew straight away it had grown again the bugger.

Nombrechanger Fri 10-May-13 19:38:11

Ok, I have a long, blonde hair growing out of my forehead!!

I also have sideburns, tache, nipples, arms, back, arse, crack, vajayjay, pubic thighs, pubic backs of knees(wtf?!?) and toes.

Fuck sake.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now