to ask if you are judgey about pushchairs?

(348 Posts)

I need to vent. Why does it seem the world and his wife has an opinion on your flippin buggy!!
I am looking to buy (from Gps as a present) 7 month old Dd a new buggy. I love the bugaboos but i just dont think i can afford a decent one so ive been looking at different styles for her.
No matter what i pick it seems to come under fire. So i thought sod it, im going with what WE like!!

WE like a Quinny Buzz 3, in black for £100. I think unpon research this is good?
Now ive just heard i will look chavvy, they are cheap and naff, common and nasty.
WELL im buying it arent i? Cant people just be nice and non judgey???

Please dont flame me for this because i do know peoples opinions get to me too much. Could you suggest a suitable response please? Also what you think of the Quinny!

AIBU to still even look at the Quinny?
or AIBU to give a shit on thoughts?

Pobblewhohasnotoes Sat 11-May-13 10:21:11

Which Bugaboo?

I own a Bug, so may be biased in saying yes. grin

LeonieDeSainteVire Sat 11-May-13 10:22:21

SmellsLike the wayfarer was probably the most practical pushchair ever invented, when folded it stands on its end with no support, we used to keep ours in a cupboard! The carrycot fits a baby up to 6-8 months, much roomier than modern prams and the seat unit is big enough for a four year old and so comfy. Only down side it needs two hands to collapse. They are indestructible too and made in Britain.

Where are you? DH would be delighted if I sold ours . . .

No idea yet! I posted it on gumtree and someone replied asking if I would swap for a Bugaboo, I asked what one and am waiting on them messaging back.

Someone else has asked what my lowest price would be, I think £60 is pretty bloody cheap tbh!

Schro- seems I got a bargain. They just wanted it gone tho smile

Always good to get a bargain, not so good when you need rid of something and don't want to lose so much from it. sad

Mines is a rareish colour scheme, I haven't actually met anyone else with it. Doesn't seem to help though, someone wanted me to sell them it for £40. sad

Piemother Sat 11-May-13 16:35:09

Even if its a bee it's worth swapping. I would swap my buzz for a bugaboo!

It's a Bugaboo Gecko, should I? It looks quite nice.

scottishmummy Sat 11-May-13 17:36:47

no,gecko was discontinued years ago.not sure they fetch that much on ebay

Would it be smaller and easier to lug around than the buzz though? The thing is driving me mental, it takes up so much space!

scottishmummy Sat 11-May-13 17:47:54

gosh yes,much lighter,smaller fold,better pram
buzz is a Sherman tank of a pram

You're right about that. It is an utter pain in terms of size, especially when it's size has no usefullness. hmm

This comes with the carry cot and cosey toes as well. Think I might as well if it's smaller and lighter.

Thanks. smile

scottishmummy Sat 11-May-13 17:53:55

yes,in that case yes swop gecko is light weight,small fold
buzz is a rickety big cart

Thank you! smile

Will be glad to get rid of the buzz!

LynetteScavo Sat 11-May-13 17:58:39

I feel uneasy when I see new borns in pushchairs which don't lie flat.

I think what we're really talking about here is pushchair snobbery.

I'm snobby about Gracco's because I just personally don't like them

Wuxiapian Mon 13-May-13 14:11:20

It's fine, LynetteScarvo, as long as baby's not in it longer than 2 hours at a stretch.

lurkerspeaks Mon 13-May-13 17:54:02

Probably too late but I would caution against the buzz (I've used a lot of buggies) as it is pretty wide and can be difficult to manouevere in shops or on public transport.

I'm judgy lol......

I look at so many buggies and think 'why?'

MoominsYonisAreScary Sat 18-May-13 22:40:57

Does anyone have one of those city jogger mini side by side things? Can you get through doors ok?

rainbowbrite1980 Sat 18-May-13 22:51:27

"I judge women who bring massive tank-buggies onto buses! A dainty little thing is so much easier for everyone on public transport!"

But not as suitable for younger babies, or for older babies to nap in if you're out for the day - plus, for those of us reliant on public transport, we need to be able to fit the day's necessities underneath - it's quite a lot if you havie three children like me.

OP - you're surrounding yourself with the wrong people! Who gives a what buggy you've got? I know a few people who are judgemental about buggies full stop because they babywear. I don't let them bother me.

stretto Sat 18-May-13 23:03:08

I have a wonderful old 1970s Silver Cross Grosvenor www.coachbuiltprams.co.uk/Silver-Cross-Kensington-Carlton-xchassis.html
For public transport I have a Baby Jogger City Mini which is a splendid piece of equipment - super-light, roomy and very easy to fold.

No-one ever comments on the Baby Jogger but literally every time I go out with the old Silver Cross, people stop me to say how lovely it is.

MoominsYonisAreScary Sat 18-May-13 23:21:56

stretto so I'll be ok with the baby jogger then, I'm thinking of getting rid of my britax B dual

MoominsYonisAreScary Sat 18-May-13 23:23:46

I bet yours is a single isn't it?

shufflehopstep Sun 19-May-13 00:07:14

People get snobby about everything. And I mean literally everything. I didn't know there was snobbery about supermarkets until a work colleague turned her nose up at me shopping in Morrisons.confused I have a Mamas and Papas pramette which I was given as a hand me down by a friend as was the Moses basket. Our child seat was loaned to us by friends until they have another baby - Maxi Cosi. Our entire nursery was kitted out for £120 with furniture that a friend was getting rid of and which she had bought from new - again Mamas and Papas. It all means nothing to me as it's only since I've had it all that I've realised how much snobbery there is around baby stuff. Just zone out of any conversations about this type of thing. It's ridiculous.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now