to think that the contestants for the Apprentice 2013 have been selected for being good looking?

(41 Posts)
giraffacake Tue 07-May-13 20:54:58

The Contestants

Damn them for being both intelligent and attractive envy wink

In all seriousness, it's slightly annoying that most TV producers seem to think that it is necessary to make every one on TV "stereotypically attractive". hmm

HollyBerryBush Tue 07-May-13 21:02:36

Bottle blonde pouters don't float my boat - have you got the whole line up because the ones you have linked to are distinctly average.

"intelligent" - that remains to be seen.\

Found the whole line up:

www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p017h0j7/profiles/candidates

nope, definitely a case of 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder'.

Natalie is aesthetically attractive, I wouldn't give a second look to any of the blokes and I'd be staring at all the women trying to work out how much botox is in their faces.

HomelessAngua Tue 07-May-13 21:04:52

They all look rather plastic...

MamaMary Tue 07-May-13 21:08:22

Leah looks a lot older than 24 in her demo.

BatmanLovesVodkaAndCherryade Tue 07-May-13 21:09:47

Bloody hell - all that hair!

Triumphoveradversity Tue 07-May-13 21:36:38

Eye of beholder and all that and not attractive to mine

Sunnywithshowers Tue 07-May-13 21:39:59

Who's the guy with the botox face, wonky eyebrows and red tie?

YABU, btw. <boak>

creighton Tue 07-May-13 21:40:16

they can't be that intelligent. if they were as good as they claim to be they wouldn't need Alan Sugar's 'measly 100k' as they would all be rich alreadly

riskit4abiskit Tue 07-May-13 22:02:26

One of them has been attacked by the tweezer fairy bad stylee!

Tigglette Tue 07-May-13 22:04:11

Well they've not been chosen for competence have they... Muppets one and all!

HollyBerryBush Tue 07-May-13 22:06:07

We have it sky+'d ... watching it now - nope - they are all a bit 'meh'.

I only watch it for Nick and Margret sad so it's pointless.

Doubtfuldaphne Tue 07-May-13 22:08:47

For the women, yes.
Men- not so choosy. My old school friend was in the auditions and he's no oil painting. Mind you, he didn't make it to tv!

Binkybix Tue 07-May-13 22:11:06

They're not particularly good looking I don't think. The women look super fake for the most part...

Remotecontrolduck Tue 07-May-13 22:11:31

They certainly weren't picked for their intellect!

Uzma's make up is bothering me the most at the moment though. Her foundation, hair colour, coloured contacts are all just wrong for her ethnicity. It's a shame because I reckon she's really good looking under all that crap on her face.

The fact she runs a cosmetics company also is worrying confused

HollyBerryBush Tue 07-May-13 22:12:41

men that don't shave look dirty and grubby and skanky - therefore they would not get my business

Binkybix Tue 07-May-13 22:13:14

Agree Uzma is prob pretty underneath all the fake stuff

aldiwhore Tue 07-May-13 22:14:33

They're mostly not attractive when they open their mouthes, they are exceptionally groomed though.

SneezySnatcher Tue 07-May-13 22:15:48

YABU. Nick Hewer, on the other hand, gets foxier every season!

OwlinaTree Tue 07-May-13 22:15:49

You thought they were good looking!?
They all looked incredibly airbrushed to me. Not very natural at all. One guy looked like David Gest !

WipsGlitter Tue 07-May-13 22:19:41

They're so identikit - men and women. Long straggly hair - check. Shed loads of make up - check. Debenhams business wear - check.

Binkybix Tue 07-May-13 22:19:41

YY to David Gest lookalike!

HoHoHoNoYouDont Tue 07-May-13 22:29:42

I must have been watching a different series because I didn't think any of them were all that in the looks dept.

LastTangoInDevonshire Tue 07-May-13 22:30:19

How can they possibly think they come across as professional with all that fake hair??

thebody Tue 07-May-13 22:35:13

No totally disagree as was just discussing with my dds. They thought the women looked so ott with hair and thick makeup that they looked like transvestites.

The men are no oil paintings either.

The gobby 'education entrepreneur' who was fired well God help us if she is trying to improve children's literacy. I think she said something like 'please give me feedback on my projectmannerismus' or some such.

If they were that bloody clever they wouldn't need Sugars cash. They would have allready succeeded.

LOVE IT

LimitedEditionLady Tue 07-May-13 23:28:04

i am very amused by the things they say about themselves.i actually laugh.
"Im like a machete in the jungle" was my favourite line.
its the arrogance too,ask them if they can sell some water "yes ive won awards in selling,i always sell the most,im always on top"she just asked if you can sell sone bottled water!!! They talk about it like they are going to actually kill each other to win.i cringe for them,why do they do that to themselves?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now