to wish Robert Downey Jnr would stop making blockbusters

(55 Posts)
carlajean Sat 27-Apr-13 22:37:51

I'm off to see Iron Man III tomorrow, but I'd love to see RDJ in a non-blockbuster film. he's such a good actor and I'd like to see him in something like Kiss Kiss Bang Bang again.
(yes, a totally frivolous thread, I know)

Tee2072 Thu 02-May-13 07:18:32

Ack!

GenghisCanDoHisOwnWashing Thu 02-May-13 07:10:46

<stands on Tee with ironman suit>

Tee2072 Thu 02-May-13 06:53:10

Yes, you missed something at the very end.

GenghisCanDoHisOwnWashing Thu 02-May-13 06:50:12

ScumbagCollegeDropOut - shock shock shock ruffallo was at the end of iron man 3?? Dh and I sat until the credits went to the black screen with small written credits rolling and then left. Did we miss something ???<hyperventilates>

<slightly obsessed with avengers>

Tee2072 Thu 02-May-13 06:43:17

I just looked. Cheadel says he thought it should be the last one. RDJ and Marvel are looking at another contract, especially because if The Avengers.

Tee2072 Thu 02-May-13 06:20:50

Excellent fun, Ironman Three.

Who had said it's the last one?

bootsycollins Thu 02-May-13 06:02:10

RDJ's a total sweetheart but it all got a bit akward after I had to get that injunction out on him. At first I'll admit I was very flattered but the constant phonecalls, flowers and attempts to woo me eventually just annoyed me. Robert just had to accept the fact that I'm a happily married woman, he's a great guy though and I wish him well.

grin

RafaellaNhaKyria Thu 02-May-13 04:59:03

I lived him in Heart and Souls and especially in Only You with Marisa Tomei. Been loving him since Weird Science <swoon>

fuzzypicklehead Thu 02-May-13 03:21:31

Ahem. this grin

TheFallenNinja Mon 29-Apr-13 06:56:33

Tropic Thunder - genius

CoolStoryBro Mon 29-Apr-13 04:37:15

Oh I've just read back. Apparently yes you all do!!

CoolStoryBro Mon 29-Apr-13 04:35:37

Anyone remember this

pissovski Sun 28-Apr-13 21:26:12

Alconleigh - with you at Weird Science. And he looks so adorable in it, even if he is being an arse!

carlajean Sun 28-Apr-13 20:05:06

IM3 was great by the way, and it passed the Bechdel Test. the only hmm thing, to me, anyway, was that Shane Black directly referenced Kiss Kiss Bang Bang by having RDJ doing a monologue directly to the viewer at each end of the film. Anyone else the Rebecca Hall character will come back as Poison Ivy, or a similar anti-heroine (I think Poison Ivy might be DC comics). if you see it, stay put until the credits end.

Tee2072 Sun 28-Apr-13 11:33:14

Oh yes, his Less Than Zero days when he was so high and/or drunk he barely knew where he was.

That's so much better than now...

Air America was my first date with RDJ. 23 years ago. <faints>

Ally mcbeal and the elton video were my 'firsts' i love him in the creepy in dreams that film is just crazy, also in gothika. I love his style of acting he just screams fantastic-ness from the screen grin iron man filmd leave me shock in happiness but i love action films. The sherlock movie was spectacular guy ritchie really did well but the second i just can't get into.

<swoons>

carlajean Sun 28-Apr-13 10:46:45

yes, great in the Wonder Boys, and Zodiac.

Alconleigh Sun 28-Apr-13 10:44:00

He is excellent in wonder boys. If you've not had your eye on him since Weird Science you're a newbie in my view. Man alive I'm getting old.

mrsjay Sun 28-Apr-13 10:40:39

Due Date was awful - anyone else see that

<nods> awful film,

carlajean Sun 28-Apr-13 10:38:50

I thought Sherlock I was terrible, but II was pretty good. is it def. his last Iron Man then beaver? Fur is just plain weird. and yes, I think he is probably having a ball, but would like to see him in something else. mind you, Due Date was awful - anyone else see that?

mrsjay Sun 28-Apr-13 10:24:20

I love him as sherlock holmes it is kick arse grin

mrsjay Sun 28-Apr-13 10:23:19

least he isnt in rehab or jail when he is making these blockbusters keeps him occupied and busy and he is an actor and slogged away in films so why not do these big films he gets exposure a shedload of money and is having a ball id expect,

Beaverfeaver Sun 28-Apr-13 10:10:06

This is his last iron man film for that very reason

BrianCoxandTheTempleofDOOM Sun 28-Apr-13 10:07:49

I loved him in Ally McBeal <swoon>

not sure I've seen many films with him in . I found Sherlock embarrassingly bad. haven't seen Iron Man (think I need to)

My poor man's RDJ is Jeffrey Dean Morgan - very shaggable IMO, in a RDJ kinda way grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now