To not help my son look after his baby?

(232 Posts)

This is my first AIBU thread so go easy.

He has a baby and I refuse to help him out. He decided to have this baby so all responsibility is his in my eyes.

The baby is currently naked with only a hat on and he feeds her every 10 minutes but she drinks the whole bottle! All she does is cry and laugh.

He has asked me to look after her but I wont. He seems to think this isn't fair and shouts 'oh why?' The mother isn't on the scene either and the baby has only been with him a couple of months.

She is currently wrapped up in a car mat as he thinks this is an acceptable bed. Should I intervene now or leave baby where she is?

My son is young but he wanted the baby so I think he should look after her. He has named her Baby which I'm not sure goes down well on MN.

So AIBU or should I help out a little?

msrisotto Tue 23-Apr-13 10:35:18

Um...baby is naked and wrapped in a car mat? I think he needs help.

Bunraku Tue 23-Apr-13 10:36:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Beehatch Tue 23-Apr-13 10:37:15

grin

You're a very young granny ...

ShadowStorm Tue 23-Apr-13 10:37:48

Is this for real?

If this is all true, then yes, help is needed.

YANBU

He made his choices! Let him get on with it I say!

SirBoobAlot Tue 23-Apr-13 10:38:25

Swaddle her in the car mat, she'll be fine.

My DS is always so irresponsible with his DCs too. He left one of them in the garden last night because she asked to sleep in his play house. Shocking parenting.

TeamEdward Tue 23-Apr-13 10:38:49

grin

Hes now saying the baby is doing his head in.

Should I gave him a break?

OnTheNingNangNong Tue 23-Apr-13 10:39:26

YANBU!

Parents keep getting younger nowadays wink

YoniMaroney Tue 23-Apr-13 10:39:41

Very amusing

TeamEdward Tue 23-Apr-13 10:40:05

My DS doesn't have a baby, thank the Lord. I saw him carrying around a friend's baby by it's feet yesterday.

Naughty sp grin

Oopla Tue 23-Apr-13 10:41:33

grin

bonzo77 Tue 23-Apr-13 10:41:49

YANBU. Tbh I'd contact the HV.

Does the baby cry lots or is it rather quiet, like a doll?

SirBoobAlot Tue 23-Apr-13 10:42:06

Tell him he made his cot bed, he needs to lie in it!

Does your grandchild have a name, SP? Mine tend to be called ''Eyes'' hmm

McPheelingTheSpring Tue 23-Apr-13 10:43:08

grin

The car mat is rather large by the way. Baby is swaddled and has plenty of room. Looks like a sausage roll.

He really wanted this baby and I think hes realising its not easy. There is a pram for her but he forgets to fasten it so she falls out often

GoblinGranny Tue 23-Apr-13 10:44:28

grin

Having been given a spare baby by his feminist auntie, my DS left it on the train.
When challenged later, he declared himself to be too young to be a father.

Sir He named her Baby. Still hasn't been registered so if I take custody of her I can change it.

OnTheNingNangNong Tue 23-Apr-13 10:44:31

My youngest son drags his baby round by it's leg, sad

madamecake Tue 23-Apr-13 10:44:55

I'm crying with laughter! My dd's baby is only a newborn, but has already had weetabix pushed in her mouth and ears, and dd has taken to crying whenever her baby cries. But at least baby is still partially dressed.

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Tue 23-Apr-13 10:45:15

Baby is a good name for a baby imo. My daughter has called our baby "Mousse" after her fave dessert. Perhaps they could have a playdate? Share a car mat?

Bonzo If you press her stomach she will either laugh or cry. We have no idea what mood she is in til we so that

BlastAndDalmatians Tue 23-Apr-13 10:45:56

I just did a horrible wheezy Muttley laugh at SirBoob's grandchild called Eyes. I'm trying not to wake the baby!

Op I think you are right, he needs to learn! ;)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now