to stress it is fucking spelled DEFINITELY. DEFINITELY DEFINITELY

(150 Posts)
LadyMountbatten Sat 20-Apr-13 11:03:18

grr

jenny99 Sun 21-Apr-13 09:01:26

I could of pointed that out...

Aaaargh - they have no idea that they should HAVE paid more attention in school!!

jenny99 Sun 21-Apr-13 09:01:53

(Obviously my first line was taking the piss.....please don't think it was an error!!!)

usualsuspect Sun 21-Apr-13 09:09:48

I get of off and to and too mixed up all the time. Oh well.

LadyMountbatten Sun 21-Apr-13 10:34:53

Maybe that's an indicator

usualsuspect Sun 21-Apr-13 10:57:26

An indicator that I'm a bit dim?

Reads OP

blush blush blush

Although generally someone is tugging on my leg when I post on Mumsnet.

badbride Sun 21-Apr-13 22:25:03

The grizzly scene...( if it is covered in blood spatters, it is grisly. Covered in thick brown hair - grizzly. HTH.)

The grizzly scene--like the gay scene, only for people who like to hibernate and eat joggers. And when sassytheFIRST would indeed have to grin and bear it in a whole new way smile

sassytheFIRST Sun 21-Apr-13 22:28:15

Haha, great image.

(hear me ROARRRR!)

LadyMountbatten Sun 21-Apr-13 22:30:09

I don't know what in taking about with indicator.

I don't remember typing it. I've gone mac.

LadyMountbatten Sun 21-Apr-13 22:30:18

Mad.

LadyMountbatten Sun 21-Apr-13 22:30:57

Oh I know. That she put ect rather than etc

Dawndonna Sun 21-Apr-13 22:32:58

I can't bear it, either. If you can't bare it any longer, good, I don't want to see it, and the weather's not that good yet, anyway.

WotSoFunee Sun 21-Apr-13 22:38:05

Your being unreasonable <grimaces> wink

One word.

'gawjus'

Is it only all over my FB newsfeed?

Hate it.

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Sun 21-Apr-13 22:52:15

Have we had the OPs worrying about grammer school entry tests?

There is a difference between may be and maybe. WIBU to charity shop the offending t-shirt the PIL gave DC2 now that they've seen him in it once?

shockers Mon 22-Apr-13 13:26:49

*The other one I do a secret snidey snurk at is when people ask about " Independant" schools.

Obv think " lady, if you can't spell it, are you sure it is right for you and yours"*

Don't feel bad, I have much the same thought every time someone I know writes another boasty status update about her son getting a place at, "The Grammer School".

shockers Mon 22-Apr-13 13:28:23

Oh, and she's, "Defiantly not drinking ever again" every Sunday morning grin

Sparklyboots Mon 22-Apr-13 21:45:54

<raises voice slightly louder this time> OP, the grammar of your original question is in question. Should you want to assert that it is indeed spelled 'definitely,' but with the added emphasis of 'fucking,' it really should be expressed: 'It fucking is spelled definitely...'. As 'It is fucking spelled definitely' implies the object of the sentence, 'it', is committing a lewd act upon spelled, and you confirm this absolutely ('definitely').

I feel shame that I have been compelled to write this.

LadyMountbatten Mon 22-Apr-13 22:22:55

I know! I was filled with rantage

I challenge that challenge.

Here "spelled" is functioning as a straight adjective, not part of a passive with "is". "Fucking" is the intensifier. If she had chosen "always" instead, would you choose "it is always spelled definitely" or "it always is spelled definitely" ?

LadyMountbatten Mon 22-Apr-13 22:27:19

I can reassure both challengers that you're giving it more thought than I did

'Wary' means you're on your guard. 'Weary' means you're knackered.

Sparklyboots Tue 23-Apr-13 01:06:07

<doffs cap to Horry> though actually I would say, 'it always is spelled definitely' because I like the slightly antiquated sound of the structure, I concede; it was genuinely a question.

BOF Tue 23-Apr-13 02:56:42

The way I remember 'discreet' is to think of someone stage-whispering "Shhh, be discreeeeet".

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now