AIBU to think that jamie oliver is

(33 Posts)
issey6cats Tue 09-Apr-13 14:17:36

only bring out a cheap money savings new book just to make him self more wonga, if he wanted to save people money the book would be free or available online

PetiteRaleuse Tue 09-Apr-13 16:40:43

As much as I really hate watching him on TV YABU it is a legit business and his books have helped a lot of people cook better, including me. Saint Delia has done a frugal cookbook, why shouldn't Jamie?

Flossiechops Tue 09-Apr-13 17:09:32

lovelygoldboots that's the best recipe book I've ever bought, I now make the mother of all Yorkshire pudding wink

tigerlilygrr Tue 09-Apr-13 17:18:10

Yabu. He has helped many many people, his books are good, and when I are at 15 the food was fricking delicious!

TobyLerone Tue 09-Apr-13 17:22:32

That's his job hmm

YABU

HazeltheMcWitch Tue 09-Apr-13 17:28:50

Jools is lovely, and I can't imagine that she'd be snobby or stuck up.

I'm another that begrudges Jamie nothing. He's a nice bloke by all accounts, that has 'made it' himself. There's no scandal on him. All he's done is understand how people thing about food - what they want to eat/why they don't cook/time pressures etc - and adapt his product to suit. All the while keeping his Fifteen programme going.

Plus he's had the balls to go out and talk about school dinners, obesity in the US etc - really unsexy issues; he could so easily have not bothered and had an easier life and made more money elsewhere.

twinklesparkles Tue 09-Apr-13 17:34:07

I've never minded a bit of jamie but let's be honest, his "cheap" food isn't really cheap is it? I just don't think budget food planning is his cuppa tea. He just doesn't seem to get it. I always here rave reviews about ministry of food... But yeah.. Those dishes wernt cheap to make.

Plus his liberal use of olive oil is starting to pee me off... Nothing wrong with olive oil, I love it. But he's just taking the beeswax now ! Lol grin

Flossiechops Tue 09-Apr-13 17:42:37

twinkle the Ministry of Food book was about getting the basic recipes right, recipes many people on a budget would cook anyway. He does recommend organic meat/eggs but it's not necessary. I love that book and I'm crap at cooking!

Cantbelieveitsnotbutter Tue 09-Apr-13 17:43:00

I don't think anyone can slate it until they've seen it, he said it would be £2/£3 a meal on this morning. So for that yabu.

I think he's fab, love his food and his homely family attitude. Hes made alot of money but given alot back. Genuinely comes across as a lovely guy.
even if I do think he's secretly funded by the olive oil mafia

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now