to be finding Tom Cruise strangely attractive?

(287 Posts)
freddiefrog Sun 07-Apr-13 22:59:05

Am watching Rock Of Ages and...um...well...yeah blush

Knock some sense into me grin

verygentlydoesit Mon 08-Apr-13 09:11:56

I find him inexplicably attractive. I know I shouldn't but I can't help it blush.

It's quite unsettling to have no control over the fact that I like to would shag him senseless.

mrsjay Mon 08-Apr-13 09:11:56

bloke not block obviously blush

Rasapa Mon 08-Apr-13 09:48:20

This is the maddest thread ever-'strangely attractive' confused.

He is noted as being a Hollywood heartthrob.

It's like a man asking if it is unreasonable to find Marilyn Monroe 'strangely attractive'?

He may not be everybody's cup of tea, however, it is odd not to find him attractive than the other way around.

Rasapa Mon 08-Apr-13 09:52:04

Typical mn, reaction, though a bloke has to be naice and good at changing nappies to be fanciable- good looks and charisma not enough, apparently. You're all so above that kind of stuff.

mrsjay Mon 08-Apr-13 09:53:43

I don't think I said anything about him being good at changing nappies or whatever raspa i just said i didnt fancy him what a strange response to a silly thread ,

EauRouge Mon 08-Apr-13 09:57:27

He used to look Ok (he's always been a weirdo though) but I thought there was something different about him on Graham Norton- cheek implants maybe? I didn't watch the whole thing so I don't know if they mentioned it. Maybe he'd just been attacked by bees or something.

digerd Mon 08-Apr-13 09:57:29

I think he has an attractive face, but perceptions change when you get to know them.

Rasapa Mon 08-Apr-13 09:58:08

Fine you don't fancy him. I don't fancy him, either, but if I did I wouldn't think there was anything weird about fancying a good-looking, rich Hollywood actor.

But, of course, some mn-ers are above all that.

I think he is gorgeous and a fantastic actor, IMO any film he is in is usually a good one. He comes across as an honestly lovely bloke in interviews although I guess you don't get to his level of success without been a bit of a bastard.
The Stacy Jaxx character just make me droooool, definitely the bad boy Axl Rose type does it for me.

mnistooaddictive Mon 08-Apr-13 10:09:37

I just googled some pictures and yes, I agree, very nice. I couldn't imagine him as a long haired rocker but it totally works.

DrHolmes Mon 08-Apr-13 10:35:49

YANBU! When i clicked on this link I was thinking "I'll tell the OP to watch Rock of Ages" and then grin at your first sentence.

I had a dream about him a few months ago.
It. Was. Awesome.

Mmmmm

KatyTheCleaningLady Mon 08-Apr-13 10:39:38

He was totally hot in Tropic Thunder. Mmmmmm.....

mrsjay Mon 08-Apr-13 10:40:24

he was hilarious in tropic thunder, hot not so much grin

everlong Mon 08-Apr-13 10:40:27

I've always found him attractive.

I do wonder what he's like in person though.

Katie Holmes looks like half a person since being married to him.

MagratOfStolat Mon 08-Apr-13 10:45:59

YANNNNNNNNNBU!!

I had this absolutely amazing moment with my friend when we were out for coffee. I had picked up a trashy mag that I someone had pulled out of my handbag left lying around, and we both ogled at this tattooed God of Rock N Roll that just oozed sexyness. We were there for about 10 minutes giggling like schoolgirls before either of us had the sense to go "so who is it? WHAT?! THAT'S NOT TOM CRUISE! IT NEVER WAS! NOOOOO!"

I've never found him attractive, but in Rock of Ages...... phwoarrrr! The belt buckle he wears (of jewel-encrusted lips with thrusting tongue like The Rolling Stones image) doesn't help either.

I could do unspeakably naughty things to him...

PenelopePortrait Mon 08-Apr-13 10:50:56

digerd do you know him?

freddiefrog Mon 08-Apr-13 10:56:57

I've never fancied him. Even in Top Gun/Cocktail days. Yes, he's a good looking bloke, but didn't float my boat

Then he just got weird and started jumping on Oprah's sofa

But stick him in a pair of leather trousers, add fake tatts and hair extensions and I'm drooling like an idiot

VenusRising Mon 08-Apr-13 11:14:39

Oh thanks mrsjay! It's so hard to keep tabs on the celebs... one man's cult is another's religion, and all that.

BubblePopper Mon 08-Apr-13 11:16:54

Oh yes
Magnolia=so would
Legend=deffo would
Stacee Jaxx=yup

Tom cruise...no way, yuck, not a chance

Totally with you freddie anonymosity et al

50shadesofknackered Mon 08-Apr-13 11:17:05

Isn't he like some alien inhabiting a human body or some such cult weirdness? confused I think he is very attractive but he's just too strange. I imagine life with him would be like being sucked into some strange Scientology alternate dimension. Poor Katie Holmes couldn't get away fast or far enough and I bet that separation/divorce had been planned for months like a military operation.

TomDudgeon Mon 08-Apr-13 11:17:10

Not having seen the film I had to google to see what you are on about
Found this

It doesn't really do anything for me but I can appreciate that it could others.

VenusRising Mon 08-Apr-13 11:17:14

Just for the droolers here's a piccy

VenusRising Mon 08-Apr-13 11:17:51

Snap Tom!

BubblePopper Mon 08-Apr-13 11:18:38

80s rock fans who haven't seen the film....pretned you don't know it's Tom, it's brilliant!!!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxvNC8oe0W8

mrsjay Mon 08-Apr-13 11:18:43

one man's cult is another's religion, and all that.

spose sp , christian science is an american religion I think founded my some random woman in the late 1800s tis also a bit culty

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now