Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To think this mum in hospital waiting room was a COW?

(212 Posts)
TheSecondComing Sun 07-Apr-13 21:32:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

"HRH The mother, mother of the most potato faced jug eared only child who ever lived was loud parenting (whilst in her iPhone) "

Who are you referring to as potato faced and jugged eared?

Snazzynewyear Sun 07-Apr-13 21:56:03

Yes, what did she do after that? She was very rude to you so she deserved the comeback.

MrsDeVere Sun 07-Apr-13 21:56:30

You can't live near me.
Someone carrying on like that in my local A&E would have ended up in Majors within a couple of minutes.

I think you were positively refined darhling.

Asthma sucks like a big ol' sucky thing. Think DC5 has it. Never had a chesty kid before. Scares the rocks out of me.

Maggie111 Sun 07-Apr-13 21:56:55

Ooh I think you handled it beautifully!!

Snazzynewyear Sun 07-Apr-13 21:57:35

Although as OBWNB has said above, there's no real need for you to slate Louis either, but at least you didn't say it to his / her face.

MrsBungle Sun 07-Apr-13 21:57:52

YANBU, she sounds thoroughly unpleasant! I would most definitely have said something, hopefully along the same lines as you did more likely would have stuttered some nonsense and replayed what I should have said 410 times

catgirl1976 Sun 07-Apr-13 21:58:17

You should have shouted 'Willy, willy, willy' in her face grin

Loftyjen Sun 07-Apr-13 21:59:06

The limp obv wasn't that bad as Loo-Ee was moving around so much! As a former paeds A&E nurse, if id have seen her do that to your child, I'd have pointed out to the mum that she should've been keeping him sat by her with the sore leg elevated (all in the name of Spain relief!) & maybe to let him play on her phone (which is prob as germ ridden as the toys!). Well done on the action you did take wink

She sounds like a total dick. Hope DS is doing better now and you get some kip.

Loftyjen Sun 07-Apr-13 21:59:51

pain control not Spain control!

TheSecondComing Sun 07-Apr-13 22:01:34

Sirzy Sun 07-Apr-13 22:02:42

Why was she letting him play in the playroom if she was that concerned? Silly woman.

there again, better than the parents who complain that a child having an asthma attack is taken in before their child who has hurt their finger.

Hope your son is better soon, I am doing the watching and waiting to see if we have to go back to A and E tonight after only being their on friday.

LittleBairn Sun 07-Apr-13 22:03:39

You DH is nuts what exactly were you out of order for? You sound like you handled the situation well. Personally I would have told her my DS had a serious deadly contagious disease just to see her panic. grin

HerrenaHarridan Sun 07-Apr-13 22:03:42

Dh is bu.

You were perfectly within the realms of acceptably snotty.

Well done! next time though tell her it's the plague

Why is Lew-ee's appearance relevant? confused

Other than that, applaud your standing up to the phoney moocow.

Sirzy Sun 07-Apr-13 22:06:01

Like a 2 year old on a tonnes of steroids and ventolin... <whoop whoop>

I think parents should also be given a dose of steroids when a child is to allow some chance of staying awake keeping up with them!

TheSecondComing Sun 07-Apr-13 22:06:21

WorraLiberty Sun 07-Apr-13 22:06:27

Dp did that awkward 'half smiling thing' to try and make her feel better

she gave him a banana and some rice cakes (loudly) to try and keep him on her knee/away from the other kids...Mmmmm rice cakes....

If she tried to keep my DH on her knee I would have punched her in the face.

Banana and rice cakes or not.

anonymosity Sun 07-Apr-13 22:06:36

I think you could have been kinder. You have no idea why they were there. Its not a place that brings out the best in people and she may have been under enormous stress.

We know a little boy with a heart defect and his mother is permanently terrified of him catching anything because she fears it will spell the end for him. She can be highly annoying, but I'm not in her shoes so I just tolerate it.

sjupes Sun 07-Apr-13 22:07:27

She sounds like a dick. I'd have done the same as you tbh although ds loves his rice cakes

Catgirl i just hahahahaha'd so loudly dp heard me and he's got headphones in grin

Sirzy Sun 07-Apr-13 22:07:37

lol worra grin

apostropheuse Sun 07-Apr-13 22:07:46

I really don't think there's any need to describe a child as potato-faced and jug-eared. I'm sure to his mother he's the most gorgeous child alive, as yours is to you.

The mother sounds like a bit of a pain in the arse. Your response to her was perfect.

ReindeerBollocks Sun 07-Apr-13 22:08:12

If it was my local hospital they ain't half a rough bunch. I'm surprised she didn't chin you for answering back as most would!

But, actually, I know how often those particular toys are washed and I'd be doing anything to avoid them too!

"Why is Lew-ee's appearance relevant?" It's not.

Yes your come back was excellent but all kudos is lost because you described a child as "potato faced and jug eared."

WorraLiberty Sun 07-Apr-13 22:08:50

anonymosity but surely she would bring her own toys and keep her nose out of her phone if she was that worried?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now