swayed for a girl =diet,timing,ph levels,and got another boy.

(221 Posts)
racheael76 Sat 06-Apr-13 19:32:39

hi i really wanted a daughter this time as we already have 2 sons.i did the dairy diet,milk no salt limited chicken drank evian water ,took calcuim and magnesuim tablets,douche with massengill vinegar(cost a fortune form overseas!) plotted ovulation conceived 5 days before ovulation.i did every thing i know for a liitle girl.so many people have a daughter and a son.did anyone sway and got the sex they wanted?did anyone sway and got wrong gender?what did i do wrong?

AvrilPoisson Sat 06-Apr-13 19:44:58

Honestly? Be thankful for what you have!

BonaDrag Sat 06-Apr-13 19:45:06

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

littlepeas Sat 06-Apr-13 19:45:53

I have 2 boys and a girl - the girl is in the middle - I did nothing special or different. It is absolutely down to chance. Get over it and enjoy your sons. If you have gender disappointment I suggest you try a forum dedicated specifically to that, posting here is likely to upset people.

CajaDeLaMemoria Sat 06-Apr-13 19:46:34

The only chance you have to influence the gender of your child is to go to the US, and pay the circa £30k to have only female embryos implanted. (Note: this process is illegal in England.)

There is no other way to choose. Even if you go through with the above, you may find that you can't have a girl. There are families with 10 children who are all boys, or all girls. You can't choose.

I'd recommend finding a therapist to talk too about your longing for a little girl. It'll really help. Before you try for another child, you need to be completely happy to have either gender, and accept that you may well have another boy. I believe your chances increase with every child you have, so you may have a 70% chance of a male after 3 boys, and a 30% chance of having a girl.

There are no sex positions, no eating habits, no vinegar mixes, nothing that will change the gender of your baby. You need a Y chromosome, and if there isn't one, you won't get a girl. There's nothing that you can do naturally to change this.

Ogooglebar Sat 06-Apr-13 19:46:41

confused I hope your sons pay attention in science class OP because they're certainly not going to learn it from you.

OHforDUCKScake Sat 06-Apr-13 19:47:00

Is it even possible to conceive 5 days before ovulation?

hmm

TheAccidentalEgghibitionist Sat 06-Apr-13 19:47:40

biscuit
Some people hmm

lunar1 Sat 06-Apr-13 19:48:24

Will you keep having children till you get a girl?

Irishmammybread Sat 06-Apr-13 19:50:11

Having had three miscarriages last year I find it incredible you could be disappointed and feel that there is anything "wrong" with having a healthy baby of a particular sex. I would give anything to have had my little ones make it to term regardless of gender.

RVPisnomore Sat 06-Apr-13 19:50:35

What is it with the obsession with having a girl?

Ogooglebar Sat 06-Apr-13 19:52:03

I doubt the OP is even bothering to read our replies properly if she's for real

Eebahgum Sat 06-Apr-13 19:52:44

Here's a tip - enjoy the children you have and stop playing a weird gambling game with future children. Only get pregnant if you want another CHILD - regardless of gender.

There is not much in life that annoys me, but this attitude is crap.

Be thankful for your sons and be happy with your pregnancy.

Euphemia Sat 06-Apr-13 19:54:07

Breaks my heart for the people I know who haven't been able to have children. sad

Booyhoo Sat 06-Apr-13 19:55:03

"did anyone sway and got wrong gender?"

your poor child. i hope you never tell him he is the wrong gender!

also. how can you conceive before you ovulate?

if you want to guarantee the sex of your child- adopt.

Fairylea Sat 06-Apr-13 19:55:27

What a load of nonsense.

If it was that simple half the women who have abortions due to gender (which makes me so so sad) would just have to follow your silly rules for making a girl!

As if it was that simple!

golemmings Sat 06-Apr-13 19:56:08

You could adopt. There are lots of girls in care who would like a permanent home.

TheBigJessie Sat 06-Apr-13 19:56:09

OHforDUCKScake

Is it even possible to conceive 5 days before ovulation?

No, but this idea is actually science-based, unlike many others. The maximum length of time sperm can survive is five days, and X-sperm tend to live longer than Y-sperm. So, if you shag five days before you ovulate, the number of X-sperm still alive will outnumber the X-sperm. If you conceive at all, it's more likely to be a female foetus.

Booyhoo Sat 06-Apr-13 19:56:58

and it's another name+number name. surprise surprise.

where have you all come from?

Sleepybunny Sat 06-Apr-13 19:58:08

Don't feed the trolls

selsigfach Sat 06-Apr-13 19:58:40

Why did I open this when I knew it would make me want to hit the OP something?

TheBigJessie Sat 06-Apr-13 19:59:01

When I encounter people desperate for a girl, they always seem to have very rigid ideas about femininity, I'm not sure what terrifies me more: the idea they'll get a boy, or the idea they'll get a girl!

SybilRamkin Sat 06-Apr-13 19:59:21

biscuit

Ogooglebar Sat 06-Apr-13 19:59:37

Doubly suspicious IMO Boo as Rachael/Rachel is spelled v oddly...

Ginformation Sat 06-Apr-13 20:00:43

Oh, OP you have been doing it all wrong. Your dp clearly doesn't have any girl sperms, you should find someone else to shag.

biscuit

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now