Grand National .......to think that the horse...

(31 Posts)
HoHoHoNoYouDont Sat 06-Apr-13 16:27:37

...that came in second without a jockey deserves a prize of it's own.

I noticed a couple had lost their jockey this year. Do the horses carry on running because they're scared, enjoying running with the others????

babyradio Sat 06-Apr-13 19:25:53

My horse refused a jump today, owes me a bloody fiver grin

sweetiepie1979 Sat 06-Apr-13 21:47:19

I'm do pleased to see this thread, I was so user that that poor horse didn't come second! He did so well, I think there should be a prize for the horse. What a winner. It brought a tear to my eye. Dh couldn't believe I was been do silly! I'm with you OP what can we do about it?

ParadiseChick Sat 06-Apr-13 21:54:33

I had 2.50 each way on him.

I didn't realise I hadn't won anything until dh pointed it out.

Bowlersarm Sat 06-Apr-13 21:56:06

That would be sweet. It makes it happier for me that all the riderless horses jump therefore they must like it

Twattybollocks Sat 06-Apr-13 22:16:21

I found it hilarious that some of the loose horses suddenly veered off to the rails when the grooms rattled the feed buckets. Also the ones who are running with the others and then swerve around the fences. Like "I'm quite happy running but I ain't jumping that Thankyou very much! "

blondefriend Sat 06-Apr-13 22:23:41

Note to self - next time bet on the horse my Disney Princess obsessed daughter choses.

BTW I used to own an ex-racehorse. She used to just run and run for the love of it. If I tried to stop her she would buck until I fell, run around the field and when finished she would come back to me and expect me to get back on to take her home.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now