Eamon Holmes

(93 Posts)
Mummyoftheyear Sat 06-Apr-13 00:09:21

Anyone else find him mildly offensive and hugely irritating for no apparent reason? Get that patronising 'feel'?

Mummyoftheyear Sun 07-Apr-13 06:39:57

UNengaging
Need to change my pseudonym to Fat Fingers!

Mummyoftheyear Sun 07-Apr-13 06:39:04

Typo: UNengaging.

Mummyoftheyear Sun 07-Apr-13 06:38:22

Both pretty in engaging (to be polite).

TomArchersSausage Sat 06-Apr-13 22:31:30

He always reminds me of Eoin McLove from Father Ted.

Chottie Sat 06-Apr-13 21:35:54

He is mildly disturbing in a creepy way......

Bambalam Sat 06-Apr-13 21:22:22

The wife is much worse angry
Not sure why she brings that emotion out in me. Could be the talentless presenting skils?

Chipstick10 Sat 06-Apr-13 21:22:08

According to the mirror newspaper Ruth is the boss. Apparently he would like nothing more than upping sticks and going round the world but its she who wants the fame. She instigates there little domestics that apparently can be viewed online or something equally naff, I can't quite remember the whole story. According to the mirror she wears the trousers.

Mummyoftheyear Sat 06-Apr-13 21:17:40

My sentiments entirely.
I'm sure he's a pretty normal and nice person (ish). Just too many partner-put-downs and insensitive conversations completely lacking in what would look like genuine sympathy.

Mummyoftheyear Sat 06-Apr-13 21:16:09

I agree with MrsBazinga

LeBoob Sat 06-Apr-13 20:30:44

He proper grinds my gears! Horrible patronising man!

Chipstick10 Sat 06-Apr-13 20:26:12

I can't believe I'm going to say this because its frighteningly mumsnetish, but what has his weight got to do with it?

SamuelWestsMistress Sat 06-Apr-13 20:15:03

No I don't. I don't know why I said that. Well actually I do, it's fucking snowing again and I'm pissed off so just thought fuck it.

SamuelWestsMistress Sat 06-Apr-13 20:13:55

I want him to tickle my vagina.

MrsDeVere Sat 06-Apr-13 19:49:37

That is actually one thing I don't get..
that whole 'Eamon is massively fat' thing'. He looks ok to me. He talks a lot about being fat but I don't think he is.

mr holmes is overweight due to a disability wink v down to earth man

Frizzbonce Sat 06-Apr-13 19:34:10

Eamon Holmes got very upset at Jon Culshaw's frighteningly accurate impersonation of him being a pompous fat cunt, and he write a Cease and Desist letter to the BBC. Who promptly caved like the spineless cunts they are and cut the sketch.

Wishfulmakeupping Sat 06-Apr-13 19:33:25

Yes it is MrsDeVere bet we're not the only ones to just to that conclusion- he's talks down to women in an awful way and he was supposed to have been a nasty piece if work to anthea turner not that I particularly like her either

marjproops Sat 06-Apr-13 19:13:03

thing is hes perfectly nice on songs of praise.

MrsDeVere Sat 06-Apr-13 18:55:01

wishful he was the first person I thought of too blush. I had no reason to think it. Thats pretty bad isn't it.

I can't stand him, and due to steroid taking I have a swollen head and look like him.
sad

KC225 Sat 06-Apr-13 18:50:26

I like him, I think he's funny and suspect he thinks This Morning is a bit of a joke. I like his on screen relationship with Ruth - they are quite snippy and there is a bit of bickering - reminds me of my marriage

Wishfulmakeupping Sat 06-Apr-13 18:48:09

I cannot bear him...when people were guessing who urika Johnson was talking about in her book I swore blind it was him

MrsDeVere Sat 06-Apr-13 18:45:18

I have found him very insensitive when interviewing bereaved parents.
He always talks about closure and asks them if it isnt about time they moved on.
I heard him make that comment about getting a cab to the woman who was raped.

He is like the Boris Johnson of light entertainment.

He manages to get away with saying obnoxious things because he is a 'lovable buffoon'

I hate the way he talks about his partner. He only ever seems to say unpleasant things about her but as a 'joke' hmm

Mutt Sat 06-Apr-13 18:37:23

He's an annoying twat.

As is his wife.

And they waxed lyrical about the virtues of SWMNBN.

Who is also a twat

<gavel>

WipsGlitter Sat 06-Apr-13 18:34:44

I've met him. He was genuinely nice, really friendly. As was Ruth.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now