Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To be pissed off with my celebrity look-a-like?

(234 Posts)
DameDoom Fri 05-Apr-13 08:02:13

Went for lunch with a friend (Heidi Klum) look-a-like yesterday. She was playing the 'ooh - which gorgeous supermodel do I look like game'. Bit boring and predictable as she really does.What a fisher. Anyhoos, I came out as Vic Reeves... not a young one either. Ran to loo to adjust winkle pickers and novelty leggings only to stare into the face of... Vic Reeves. Everywhere I go Vic is staring out at me.Am uncanny spit.
Which celeb do you look like but would rather not?

SleepOhHowIMissYou Mon 08-Apr-13 17:20:45

I change my hair a lot and have been compared to/mistaken for:
80's = Kim Wilde smile
90's = Anna Friell grin
00's = Jennifer Saunders hmm
10's = Sarah Millican sad

Father Time's a cruel mo-fo

Repeatedlydoingthetwist Sat 06-Apr-13 23:53:56

I get Jamie Lee Curtis and have done for years, from multiple sources. I've never once been able to see it for myself though. For a start I have extremely large curly hair...

cheesesarnie Sat 06-Apr-13 23:43:01

dp says i look like princess fiona- when she was an ogre.

WeeBoobs Sat 06-Apr-13 23:41:49

I used a lookalike app on my phone and was told I look like Woody Allen confused

My DP found it hilarious and posted it all over FB hmm

twitchycurtains Sat 06-Apr-13 23:37:33

my close friend swears I look like Kirstie Allsopp, I think she needs to get her eyesight tested as the only thing we may have in common is perhaps a dress size (debateable) but I am a completely different race to Kirstie Allsopp.

SanctiMOM, you are Sidney Poitier lookalike too? We are totally twins. Very, very pretty twins grin.

Just made DP do it... He apparently looks like Danny Glover, Steven Spielberg (are he and I also twins?), Matthew Perry, Richard Gere and Michael Douglas. Also Tara Reid and Tyra Banks grin.

BaconAndAvocado Sat 06-Apr-13 22:25:33

Bad days- Anneka Rice

Good days - some woman on a Tena lady advert ( so my kindly chum tells me.....)

SneezingwakestheJesus Sat 06-Apr-13 21:36:52

I get told I look like Meg from Family Guy :/

A lot.

SanctiMOMious Sat 06-Apr-13 21:33:15

I can picture you clearly shadows

I got sidney poitier as well!

I have to admit though, I put in Julianne Moore's photo from google images and she doesn't look like Julianne Moore! Julianne Moore looks like Monica Belucci. confused

doyouwantfrieswiththat Sat 06-Apr-13 20:56:15

Cathy Burke + Sue Perkins + a bit of Alan Carr....gorgeous

Orangerevel Sat 06-Apr-13 20:29:08

Pam Ayres or Cherie Blair, nice!

rubydoobydoo Sat 06-Apr-13 20:21:36

I just uploaded my photo to that link and I'm 70% Madonna, and 69% Celine Dion and 69% FRED DURST????!!! confused

In real life I'm regularly told I look like Drew Barrymore (I wonder if the other person who said that looks like me?), and also had several times "That girl with the dog from Britain's Got Talent" - the girl, not the dog I hope!

I've just started wearing glasses and have had Nana Mouskouri more than once in the last couple of weeks (probably as I have long dark hair).

Ooh, ooh, SanctiMOM, we are twinsies! According to that website, I too look like Danny Glover and Brittany Snow. Also Chris Rock, Sidney Poitier, Stephen Spielberg, Roman Polanski and... Mikhail Gorbachev.

grin grin grin grin

PipsWife Sat 06-Apr-13 19:34:41

Bianca off-of Eastenders!

It was bad enough aged 14 (ish) when everyone shouted "Ricky!" at me at school but then she went and returned to the show when I was 29 (ish) Luckily I've aged better and my husband says I'm a prettier version (I hope so!) but my mum says I do look like her when I cry!! grin

Frizzbonce Sat 06-Apr-13 19:26:44

A mate of mine was once told by a director she looked like a Great European writer. She was just starting to look pleased when the director said: 'Yes - you look exactly like Bertolt Brecht.'

znaika Sat 06-Apr-13 19:23:57

I used to look like Milla Jovovich, always mistaken for her and everyone can see the resemblance- now sadly I look like her mother or possibly even her grandmother. DD, however, God love her, thinks I look like Mr Bean hmm

Rebecca Adlington, she's from the next town to me as well! There is a pic of her in our local Toby when she won the Olympic golds and we do look very much alike! My DH says I look like her if she'd spent a week in Greggs shock cheeky blighter!

IAmNotAMindReader Sat 06-Apr-13 19:02:01

In my late teens someone once told me I looked like Gloria Estefan.

More recently I was showing a friend how grey my hair had got at the sides and pulled it up and plonked it on the top of my head to accentuate it.

My friend said I looked like Miriam Margolyes hmm. She's a good 40 years older than me. I don't think I'm doing this aging thing very well grin

HolyMackerel Sat 06-Apr-13 18:57:51

My DH looks a tiny little bit like Tim Henman and we have had people come up to him in the street insisting he is Tiger Tim and just won't admit it confused

Koo Stark when I was younger.

Probably still now, but my hair isn't grey.

BelleEtLaBaby Sat 06-Apr-13 18:53:19

I look like Kate Middleton, only quite a bit fatter. And I'm pregnant. And I've had Hyperemesis. My work colleagues call me Duchess. And I sound posh, even though really I'm not.

Am I actually her, do you think? ;)

EllieArroway Sat 06-Apr-13 18:45:35

Penelope Cruz, apparently. Apparently I have the same "strong features". Hmmm. Cannot see it myself.

But I also look like an entire nation of people, it seems. I have lost count of the number of friends who have been to Italy and say that they kept doing double takes and seeing me everywhere.

I think it's all down to having very dark hair and eyes - my heritage is actually Irish though, not Spanish/Italian as far as I know.

SanctiMOMious Sat 06-Apr-13 18:42:11

I thnk quite a lot of people look a bit like KM. (not me, I look 78% like Michael Keaton confused )

BlackMini Sat 06-Apr-13 18:36:53

My incredibly drunk colleague told me I look like Kate Middleton.

I'll take that.

SanctiMOMious Sat 06-Apr-13 18:21:50

wow, every photo gave me totally different answers. if i'd got the same suggestion twice i'd believe it. who is brittany snow? i had her, and she was the highest percentage i got, but she is much younger and blonder than i am. i also had a few black people, and men, and actually black men (danny glover and somebody else too) confused is there ANYTHING to this at all?? or is it just randomly matchng faces!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now