..to think there should be a facebook style "like" button on Mumsnet??

(48 Posts)
oaks2012 Wed 03-Apr-13 18:38:15

I read a lot more on mumsnet than I post.. And this is probably the only place on the internet that really makes me laugh..

I find my sarcy comments never go down very well on facebook (or in real life may I add) - yet this place is full of comments much, much wittier than anything I could come up with.. And I would just like to be able to hit a little like button under the comment to show my appreciation, as I dont feel I can add to a thread: "mumsnetusername that was really funny and made everyone in the room look over at me because I snorted like a pig" everytime something makes me "laugh out loud"..

Here we go again...

<edges away from OP, finding the Thumbs Up a leetle creepy>

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Wed 03-Apr-13 19:09:42

What MardyBra said. Especially (a).

MardyBra Wed 03-Apr-13 19:11:34

You see. If there was a like button, Doctrine could have just liked my post. But she qualified it by saying which bit she liked - which was much more useful.

MordecaiAndRigby Wed 03-Apr-13 19:11:53

I'm loving the thumbs up idea actually.

Next time I'm out (fucking Take That tribute band... hmm) i'm going to do the creepy thumbs up when someone is amusing.

MardyBra Wed 03-Apr-13 19:11:58

Thank you Doctrine. I like your post too.

Just don't arch your eyebrows when you do it, Mordecai, or it comes across as hmm and people get cross.

MordecaiAndRigby Wed 03-Apr-13 19:18:29

I'd get terribly upset if not enough people acknowledged my incredibly witty comments on a thread though...

I'd then constantly refresh seeing if more people had clicked "like"

I'd then ignore my children and the housework even more, then my marriage and family would break down AND IT WOULD BE ALL MUMSNET'S FAULT.

MordecaiAndRigby Wed 03-Apr-13 19:19:11

Beer grin

Ledkr Wed 03-Apr-13 19:20:22

When someone (an adult) says to me "it got liked on FB" or similar I suddenly feel as if their maturity has reduced by around twenty years.

aquashiv Wed 03-Apr-13 19:23:05

God No then we wouldnt have the hilarious knee jerk comments that makes this place oh so special.
We would be liking jabba the hut stylee

Booyhoo Wed 03-Apr-13 19:24:10

i'd far rather know that your were causing a scene by snorting like a pig grin than just see 37 anonymous 'likes' under a post.

the comments/responses to each other is what makes MN so bloody funny in the first place. if people just 'liked' rather than told us they'd wet their knickers laughing then it'd be really dull imo.

SoupDragon Wed 03-Apr-13 19:25:04

Only the very dull and uninteresting need a "like" button.

oaks2012 Wed 03-Apr-13 19:25:45

BeerTricksPotter - I now have an UNBELIEVABLE urge to stalk you on mumsnet and keep giving your posts the silent thumbs up...

oaks2012 Wed 03-Apr-13 19:26:48

soupdragon -- this means I must be dull and uninteresting.. True to form, I wont reply with a witty comeback.. I shall just accept it and hang my head.

JambalayaCodfishPie Wed 03-Apr-13 20:08:31

See like now, nobody has acknowledged my comments, and that's fine. BUT, if every comment except mine had little thumbs up next to it I would feel sad.

Instead I just feel ready for my curry. Cheers DP.

ImTooHecsyForYourParty Fri 05-Apr-13 21:41:27

I think it's far nicer to take a moment to say to someone - actually, I really like what you said there -

Rather than click a like button. I think it would feel more personal.

And make up for all the times you get told you're a total prat talking out of your arse! grin

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Fri 05-Apr-13 21:56:14

Mmm, curry

<LIKE>

How's that, JCP?

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Fri 05-Apr-13 21:56:57

I agree with Hecs

grin

TaggieCampbellBlack Fri 05-Apr-13 21:58:30

Only if we get a 'FuckWit' button too.

MisterUdagawa Fri 05-Apr-13 22:03:53

Agree. No. Fuck off with that idea.

I wouldn't like it. Would make MN less of a chat forum and more like FB. One FB is absolutely enough.

<likes Hec's post> grin

Ha, OP, I love the idea of you stalking Beer and giving her the silent thumbs up. Like a silent, creepy internet Fonz.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now