Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to think that this mother is not feeding her children properly

(128 Posts)
dizzyhoneybee Wed 03-Apr-13 16:27:35

I was doing my supermarket shopping today and saw this woman in the ASDA café when I was having my coffee, her son was eating the most massive plate of fish and chips that I have ever seen.
Honestly, does she want him to end up obese or something?!

ClaraOswald Wed 03-Apr-13 16:35:44

grin

<wags finger at OP>

Naughty!!

Messandmayhem Wed 03-Apr-13 16:36:09

hmm biscuit

TheChimpParadox Wed 03-Apr-13 16:36:11

When my were younger as a treat we used to go for lunch time fish and chips (sit down at the local chippy !)

Bliss !

YABU

Did you have skimmed or full fat milk in your coffee ?

HappyJoyful Wed 03-Apr-13 16:36:13

What utter, utter, judgemental bollocks. YABU.

I've visions of an 18 year old son - you don't even mention age ? even if he was a small toddler, it's none of your business.

Am mortified to think we live in such a society where by what I feed my 2yr daughter in an Asda cafe is judged by someone like you.

Was she looking really unoffended? Yanbu, she is clearly a disgrace grin

Sparklingbrook Wed 03-Apr-13 16:36:25

And it was a massive plateful and it was only £5. But it did have peas. grin

DreamySleepyNightySnoozySnooze Wed 03-Apr-13 16:37:41

grin

Sparkling, now are you offended? Because you were judged missy. How dare you!

What.

Unless her son was 2 weeks old and being force-fed chips I really don' think there's anything wrong.

coppertop Wed 03-Apr-13 16:38:04

I want fish, chips and peas now.

<drool>

Sparklingbrook Wed 03-Apr-13 16:39:36

dizzy has offended me. She didn't even see me. grin

I did steal a few chips they were so nice I got a bowl for myself.

whokilleddannylatimer Wed 03-Apr-13 16:39:52

Firstly I would like to know which Asda does big portions of "the biggest fish and chips ever seen"

Secondly I would love to know what the problem of eating a high calorie meal as a treat out is.

MrsBW Wed 03-Apr-13 16:40:01

Brilliant how many people comment withou reading the other posts.

I'm intrigued to know which 'other thread' this one is clearly taking the piss/making commentary on!

tethersend Wed 03-Apr-13 16:40:31

Another example of Broken Britain.

Disgusting. Especially if she had failed to put on copious amounts of salt and vinegar so that she could justifiably nick it off him.

Also, now I want fish and chips. Fuck's sake.

Kids shouldn't be fed at all! So YANBU. He should have been made to watch her eat it

TheChaoGoesMu Wed 03-Apr-13 16:41:35

Utterly dreadful. Just. Appalling. What is the world coming to. You should have gone and told his mother your thoughts op. I am sure she would have welcomed your advice. You sound so knowledgeable.

Sparklingbrook Wed 03-Apr-13 16:41:45

I started a thread about going into town and not being offended by anything MrsBW. I will link it.

I bet if she'd ordered something super healthy that her DC would've tantrummed at you'd have judged her for having a tantrumming DC...

You just sound like that type hmm

I bet there were peas as well so just check yourself before you wreck yourself OP, Hmm k brew

sjupes Wed 03-Apr-13 16:43:04

I knew this would be sparklings doing grin

FairyJen Wed 03-Apr-13 16:43:20

It gets worse rumour has it she let her ds go to the toilet unattended as well!

< yanks pants well up arse >

Just clocked that this thread is a 'reference'.

NAICE grin

Sparklingbrook Wed 03-Apr-13 16:44:15

Unoffended thread

Not my doing sjupes. dizzy is the naughty one.

whokilleddannylatimer Wed 03-Apr-13 16:44:33

Massive confused xpost
Wants fish and chips, don't worry I wont share with dd.

Sparklingbrook Wed 03-Apr-13 16:45:31

I am never going out ever again. grin

Pandemoniaa Wed 03-Apr-13 16:46:49

Still I suppose at least the child in the cafe was eating a plate of fish and chips. Not nearly sitting at the wrong table to possibly do so.
wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now