AIBU to be pissed off a DD1s I.T Teacher???

(57 Posts)

Ok dd1 has came home since the February holiday telling me and dh stories about her IT teacher. In her words "She is grumpy, fat and would sooner yell at you for not listening before hearing your question". So curious me decided to ask my friend who's twins dds are in the same class and I heard similar clames.

While my dd1, who is very tech savvy has no bother, she has told me (and my friend told me her dds said) that if you can't understand her shouts (been told she always shouts for no reason)the you fall behind and get yelled at more.

So AIBU to be pissed off a DD1s I.T Teacher???

Her weight and wether your DD likes her or not is completely irrelevant.

if you feel her shoutiness means she is compromising her ability to teach, then it needs raising with the school.

fuzzysnout Tue 02-Apr-13 12:26:33

The shouty fat cow. Complain to the head and have her sacked immediately. Perhaps you could start accompanying your PFB poor DD to school to make sure that no one scares her by being too loud or too fat in future.

b4bunnies Tue 02-Apr-13 12:26:38

speak to the teacher immediately and recommend a weight-loss programme. tell her you'll be back at the beginning of each month to check her progress, or will delegate the weigh-in to your children on a rota.

encourage your children to be as vile as possible. why not? the woman is fat and dealing with an unruly class. they can really let off steam and no-one will care.

regarding shouting, speak to the school leadership. they will not allow shouting. unless they do it.

coralanne Wed 03-Apr-13 05:00:20

EvilTwins I wasn't the one wasting 10 minutes. The DC were.smile

I will come clean and say it has been 10 years and another country where this took place. As far as OFSTED is concerned, I am eternally grateful that I have never taught in or had DC educated in England.

Boney The school I taught in was different from the normal run of the mill school. A selective Government school.

But children are the same wherever you live. If they have boundries and guidelines (and a reasonable amount of slack rope) then they will respond reasonably well.

It also helps when parents and teachers are on the same side.

TheFallenNinja Wed 03-Apr-13 06:26:47

No, surely not, a child that says something negative about her teacher.

Classic halfastoryitis

EvilTwins Wed 03-Apr-13 08:09:03

Coralanne- I disagree. Sorry.

seeker Wed 03-Apr-13 08:15:05

grin@coralanne's hugely relevant anecdotes!

OP- what sort of marks is your dd getting?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now