to be hunting for that mythical MN beast...

(142 Posts)
Thurlow Sun 31-Mar-13 19:25:44

the poster who has never discovered something seemingly random that they do which is considered judge-worthy or terrible by another poster?

Leaving aside the traditional topics for conflict - breastfeeding not enough/too long, co-sleeping/controlled crying, formula - which people have very strong opinions about, the amount of stuff I've stumbled across where someone (or more enlighteningly, lots of posters) which is considered weird or just plain wrong by other posters is amazing.

Clothes (not babygrows) on babies. Not washing you towels regularly enough or washing them too often. Bottles for babies over 1. Not washing your baby's clothes before they wear them (that was a spectacular bunfight!). Forward-facing pushchairs. Playpens. Pureed weaning. Wearing shoes in someone's house. Owning a toilet brush.

Is there anyone out there who has yet to come across an odd thread that hugely judges something they do?

<Disclaimer - looking for a bit of light-hearted diversion from the Easter family 'fun'>

BruthasTortoise Sun 31-Mar-13 21:35:16

Lidl is fine I think. Marks you out as wealthy but thrifty. Or is that Aldi?

Thurlow Sun 31-Mar-13 21:36:52

I'd say M&S was posher but only cos you can't get half your shopping there, so obviously you don't care about that.

foxache Sun 31-Mar-13 21:38:41

M&S foodhall has some of the rudest fellow shoppers I have encountered.

flippinada Sun 31-Mar-13 21:39:50

I shop at Asda, Lidl, Sainsburys and sometimes M&S. I think that makes me chavspirational according to MN grin .

Gobbolinothewitchscat Sun 31-Mar-13 21:43:12

grin - catgirl, is there anything you recommend particularly from Booths? On mat leave and DS and I love a little jaunt to the supermarket. Willing to give Booths another go if someone can actually vouch for the food! MIL is crap as she can't cook and has a weird semi vegi diet so she and FIL exist on fruit and fibre and rice cakes!

catgirl1976 Sun 31-Mar-13 21:46:00

They do lovely fish on the fish counter and the meat is great. Lamb chops were half price last time I went in and they were lovely.

They also stock these Swedish biscuits (will find linky) that are incredible.

If you fancy a treat the Artisan breakfast in the cafe is amazing.

Panzee Sun 31-Mar-13 21:53:55

Foxache I have only ever been rammed by a trolley in M&S. Once when 9 months pregnant.

Oh Gawd! Dunking your breasts in the soup might be a tad non-u, I'll admit...

foxache Sun 31-Mar-13 22:00:07

Ooh Panzee, that's not good. Were they smart pensioners by any chance?

Has anyone read 'The Pursuit of Love' where they call anyone they don't approve of a 'counter-hon'? I've always wanted to do that, please can we do it here?

Panzee Sun 31-Mar-13 22:04:36

Foxache were you there? grin

LahleeMooloo Sun 31-Mar-13 22:07:48

Putting make up on while on public transport is bad manners apparently. This amused me as I often do my make up on the bus and after reading that thread I looked round at my fellow passengers to wonder if I was offending any of them. None of them seemed to give a fuck, but perhaps they were silently seething!

foxache Sun 31-Mar-13 22:28:52

Panzee, they're the sharpest elbowed shoppers grin When the yellow stickers come out it's like Armegeddon.

NippyDrips Sun 31-Mar-13 22:33:30

I gave my kids grapes in Asda once! From a punnet though not a weighing bag.

flaminhoopsaloolah Sun 31-Mar-13 22:38:46

Can someone fill me in on the jars v pouches weaning thing...Ive no idea what that's about.

littlemissbunny Sun 31-Mar-13 22:39:53

Omg the yellow stickers! They are like flies around shit when they come out!

I'm so tempted when people follow me to just walk round the shop with my tray of yellow stickers to see how far they'll follow me grin

aufaniae Sun 31-Mar-13 23:58:21

grin foxache

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now