To ask if you could punch a cake, which cake would you punch?

(163 Posts)
littlemissbunny Thu 28-Mar-13 19:25:56

Inspired by Marmalades thread, I have been thinking about how much fun cake punching would be!

I would like to punch a Victoria sponge, all that jam and cream splattering would be very satisfying grin

So what cake would you punch?

enormouse Thu 28-Mar-13 19:50:11

Birthday cake.

I'm allergic to eggs y'see so practically all cakes are off limits but birthday cakes hold a special place in my heart. I've had to endure hundreds of birthday parties watching everyone scoff cake. [Sob] even my own. (My parents insisted everyone would be expecting cake).

One of those comedy bum cakes.

MumOfMissy Thu 28-Mar-13 19:51:58

One of those hideous giant cakes from Costco with Anerucan 'frosting'. SIL wheels them out for her kids birthdays. Vile.

MumOfMissy Thu 28-Mar-13 19:52:23

* American *

Fruit cake. For happily ruining Christmases, weddings, Easters and other special occasions with its soggy, gritty disappointment.

GetOeuf Thu 28-Mar-13 19:55:56

Those big frosted tray bakes look vile. You would need to run at full tilt and hurl the thing SLAP against a big window rather than punch it, I think.

A big OTT American tiered wedding cake, in all it's over sweet butter creamed glory. It would make such a fantastic mess.

MammaTJ Thu 28-Mar-13 19:56:18

Battenburg! UGH!! All pink and yellow and fake and almondy!! UGH again!!

TeggieCampbeggBlegg Thu 28-Mar-13 19:57:01

Not technically cake but how brilliant would it be to punch a trifle?

SPLAT

i love trifle.

LeonardoAcropolis Thu 28-Mar-13 19:57:58

One of those many-tiered cakes from Big Fat Gypsy weddings, I could go at it like Mike Tyson. And be there all afternoon.

ShatnersBassoon Thu 28-Mar-13 19:58:39

Fruit cake's a good call. I'd love to give someone's miserable, long-lasting wedding cake a really good one-two. A cake prized for its ability to keep for a long time is essentially missing the point of cake.

BeingAWifeIsNotForMe Thu 28-Mar-13 19:59:02

Second thoughts one of the willy cakes on the other fred

PassNoRemark Thu 28-Mar-13 19:59:24

MoM, better or worse than the Asda "photo cake" that deserves a swift 1-2 in the cake-ribbon...

GetOeuf Thu 28-Mar-13 20:00:49

But the gypsy cakes wouldn't be satisfying to punch as they are made of polystyrene. You would have to catch them on fire <cackles>

Have you looked at www.cakewrecks.com for wonderfully revolting looking squishy cake madness? I love that site.

LetUsPrey Thu 28-Mar-13 20:07:13

I'm with Badvoc - cakes with vegetables = wrong. The words carrot and cake do not belong in the same sentence.

Unless it's to say "euurrgghh carrot cake is rank".

WillYouDoTheBunnyHop Thu 28-Mar-13 20:08:53

With you all on the fruit cake, with a special mention for the ones with dirty marzipan lurking under the icing

I'd say fruit cake but I know the correct answer is Lemon Drizzle.

cocolepew Thu 28-Mar-13 20:11:31

I'd drop kick Colin the Caterpillar.

scarletforya Thu 28-Mar-13 20:11:54

Eccles cake, teabags are not a cake ingredient.

drjohnsonscat Thu 28-Mar-13 20:18:48

a rum baba. I once chose one (not knowing what it was) in a cafe aged about 14 and have never got over the disappointment of it. I'd like to punch that doughnut impersonator right where it hurts.

drjohnsonscat Thu 28-Mar-13 20:19:34

also surely all gateaux need a punch

IAmSheWhoMustBeObeyed Thu 28-Mar-13 20:24:58

Fruit cake needs trashing but is too hard and gritty to punch so a baseball bat would be required.
Agree Victoria Sponge would be very satisfying and cupcakes need jumping up and down on, in wellies.

Badvoc Thu 28-Mar-13 20:31:21

Anything with cherries, marzipan or fruit on is the cake equivalent of the antichrist.
So wedding cake is pretty much the most evil cake in existence and must be destroyed.
<steely glint in eye>

SarahLundKicksAss Thu 28-Mar-13 20:36:36

Anything with bastard buttercream. Especially if it's a warm day and it's sliding limply down the sides of the cake - that would deserve a really good twatting.

where's the orginal thread BTW? I need to catch up with Marmalade and thunderthighs LDC lady...

girlwiththedragon Thu 28-Mar-13 20:37:19

I would slam that slimy sneaky Jamaican Ginger cake against the wall and then would probably have to burn it to ensure its demise. That effer made me SICK when I was expecting DS and I will never forgive it. Couldn't effectively punch it because its the slimy nasty skin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now