about stupid twatty cyclist I nearly ran over?

(79 Posts)
BumpingFuglies Thu 28-Mar-13 15:46:04

Dickhead on a bike on the path comes zooming round the corner and cycles across the pedestrian crossing. I screech to a halt, he starts swearing at me and throwing his arms around telling me I should look!

I'm not BU. You don't cycle, you get off and walk. Wanker.

BoneyBackJefferson Sun 31-Mar-13 11:03:41

Toad

A twat is a twat.

I agree that you could separate them in to levels of twatishness if you really want to.

A catapult can kill in the right hands, (A friend of mine lost the use of his eye due to a catapult).

A friend of mine is still in therapy because a cyclist killed themselves in front of her. (much more to the tale but its not mine to tell).

The only real difference between a cyclist being a twat and a car driver being a twat is that when they meet the cyclist will pay the price.

M0naLisa Sun 31-Mar-13 11:17:08

Don your hard hat. My thread was nearly 14 pages Long when I did hit a cyclist :-( worst week if my life. Shook me up something Cronin. Even now nearly 2mth on I am scared of hitting something/one again confused

BumpingFuglies Sun 31-Mar-13 14:52:29

I don't think cyclists or motorists are in general, twats. Just this particular one. Person on bike, sorry.

inabeautifulplace Sun 31-Mar-13 21:49:25

"Whilst I acknowledge there are bad cyclists and drivers I do find cyclists one of the biggest hazards on the roads."

Why? Tens of thousands of people are killed or seriously injured on the roads every year. A small proportion of those incidents involves cycling. A smaller proportion involves someone cycling dangerously like in the OP.

I suspect you actually mean inconvenience rather than hazard though. Sadly so many people, drivers, cyclists and pedestrians alike, find it hard to share sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now