To think I just met the worlds scummiest family!

(83 Posts)
lunar1 Thu 28-Mar-13 13:50:59

Just back from soft play hell. Ds1 was in the bit for older children playing happily, I was in the under 3's bit with ds2 who is 20 months.

A couple get in with their little girl who must have been about 1. After about 5 mins she was sick a large Amount of food. I picked up ds2 and brought him out while I thought they would sort out their dd, they took a baby wipe and cleaned her face and a second wipe to the floor. Then carried on playingshock. The floor and baby still has sick on them and they had her crawling all over the place.

I just sat there in disbelief and obviously with a huge wedgy from my judgey pants being hiked so high. Obviously I told one of the staff and we then all had to leave, much to the disgust of ds1.

Please tell me this is the worst it gets, there can't be scummier people than that out there!

propertyNIGHTmareBEFOREXMAS Thu 28-Mar-13 15:26:42

How foul. There are some selfish, brainless, fuckers out there.

PenelopeChipShop Thu 28-Mar-13 15:37:32

I'm probably going to be told I am mingling now but... What should they have done then? Are you meant to take dettol and sponges to soft play in case this happens? Maybe they only had wipes on them? Unsure as mine isn't old enough for soft play yet but I only carry wipes and cotton wool around with me...

LaQueen Thu 28-Mar-13 15:41:09

Oh I win...I win...DD1 peed her knickers...MIL rinsed them (very briefly) under the tap...popped them on radiator to dry...popped them back on DD1 half an hour later, now stained pale yellow, and smelling of dried pee...DD1 had a whole drawerful of fresh, cleanly laundered knickers in her bedroom...but MIL couldn't be bothered to fetch a pair hmm

WallyBantersJunkBox Thu 28-Mar-13 15:41:11

Err Penelope I think the correct response would be to alert a member of staff that there was vomit in the play area so that they could close it off and clean it before it got stepped in, fallen in, rolled around in.

They could then contain any germs and clean them before they got passed on.

Then the second thought being that their child had vomited and they thought it was ok to let a sick child carry on playing around other children, possibly spreadiing infection, possibly not feeling well and liable to have an accident again.

lunar1 Thu 28-Mar-13 15:41:34

They should have told the staff and then left! The place for anyone vomiting is away from the public, not spreading their germs as far and wide as possible.

justpaddling Thu 28-Mar-13 15:48:23

Poo in a soap dispenser in the public loos at a restaurant. The runny variety. Feel sick just thinking about it now and still puzzled as to how it was put in there

ThreadWorms Thu 28-Mar-13 16:00:00

I was once at a play gym which has a massive slide as its main feature.

A mother who was there with her 3 or 4 year old and group of friends came over to ask me for some wipes. I didn't think much of it and she came back with the wipe packet before quickly leaving.

Then it became apparent why. There was a foul smell of sick around the slide area which turned out to be poo. The little girl had had an accident and taken off her pants and it had gone EVERYWHERE. I know these things happen but they left without telling anyone and there were young children playing up there shock.

I felt so sorry for their young employee who was in tears having to clean up sad.

VodkaRevelation Thu 28-Mar-13 16:02:26

Blood rubbed all over the wall of a changing room in a clothes shop. How and why?!

And Penelope!!! What do you mean?! They should have alerted staff so they could clean and then they should have cleaned and changed their sick child and taken them home, away from other children!

McPheetStink Thu 28-Mar-13 16:12:59

I may rethink our trip out tomomorrow grin

I only go for the coffee blush

McPheetStink Thu 28-Mar-13 16:13:23

tomorrow

Honest, I can spell blush

Ashoething Thu 28-Mar-13 16:22:49

I think I must be a minger because a bit of sick or childrens shit in a soft play wouldnt bother me one jot-I would just inform staff and make sure I washed my kids hands properly-their kids, it happens. Germs are everywhere anyway. Adults are usually far more minging.

MrsKoala Thu 28-Mar-13 16:23:52

Last week DH took DS (6 months) out after breakfast to watch people skiing at the snow dome. He does a swishy thing with DS pretending DS is skiing which DH calls 'skiing baby' (original). DH was doing skiing baby with ds in front of the viewing bit, holding ds up to the glass and shaking him about. All the people on the other side were right up against the glass queuing for the lift, looking at ds and waving/aaahing. when suddenly 'skiing baby' projectile vomitted his fruit and porridge over the glass. to the shock faces the other side.

DH told me this and i said 'oh dear, did you manage to get some napkins' and DH looked blankly at me and said 'i didn't clean it up, we just left'. Readers, i am currently deciding whether to ltb! shock

BlueberryHill Thu 28-Mar-13 16:26:21

MrsKoala, that is really funny, at least there was some glass there.

GoSuckEggs Thu 28-Mar-13 16:53:08

Lovely!

Eskino Thu 28-Mar-13 16:55:34

Can anyone tell me how the ball pool and equipment is cleaned at these hellholes soft play places?

Swimming pool water is filtered and cleaned through equipment constantly yet people still find them a bit scummy.

Ball pools must contain a significant percentage of "foreign matter" which people are letting their children play in <shock>

Eskino Thu 28-Mar-13 16:56:40

Only <shock> because there isn't a [puke] emoticon

LynetteScavo Thu 28-Mar-13 16:58:15

I was once at a children's center...my DS was at a table happily playing with play-doh, another child was also at the table playing with play-doh. The other child had a runny nose...they picked up my DSs arm and wiped their nose on his sleeve. The other child's mother and father, who were also at the table did not react. (Oh, they saw alright.) I nominate that family as the worlds scummiest.

Some people are disgusting.

I once posted in AIBU as had just seen someone change a shitty nappy on a table in the middle of mcdonalds. About half the thread told me I was BU so there must be a fair few grim folk out there!

Sparklingbrook Thu 28-Mar-13 17:02:35

Changing a baby's nappy on the table at a wedding reception. No word of a lie. sad

MrsLHofstadter Thu 28-Mar-13 17:17:26

Soft play should be wiped down with sanitiser at least once a day. We were told by management you need an extra, costly licence if you have a ball pit because of the health risks. We didn't have one.

Sparklingbrook Thu 28-Mar-13 17:19:19
MrsKoala Thu 28-Mar-13 17:25:12

i invited the nct group to my house for a 'naice' lunch. while we were eating, 4 of the 6 mums, one by one changed shitty nappies. i kept saying 'you can use the changing table in ds's room' in a trilling tone, but they all said 'no, thanks I'm alright here thanks'. as if the offer was for their benefit. i know we all have babies, but come on! put me right off my food.

When I was a hotel receptionist, the head housekeeper called and asked me to come to the room she was in, recently vacated by a representative of Visit Scotland.

Four pieces of human shit, neatly lined up on the bathroom windowsill.

The owners of the hotel refused to let me complain to her bosses.

BlissfullyIgnorant Thu 28-Mar-13 17:27:36

I remember turning up at a 'popular' place in Wembley to be told they would be closing early that day...for its ANNUAL CLEAN! The ball pool ball cleaning machine was lined up and ready. Yes - that really was the last time we went anywhere near a place like that.

You can all clean your own puke up now grin

NuhichNuhaymuh Thu 28-Mar-13 17:35:37

Grim!

And I thought it was bad when my sister was toilet training her PFB she used to sit him on the potty next to the table when everyone was eating, breakfast, lunch and dinner. The aroma of poo is delightful when your eating.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now