We do not choose our destiny............. .......

(43 Posts)
LittleTurtle Tue 26-Mar-13 14:37:22

We must do our duty now. Great or small we must all do our duty..

I know this is out of order. but...........................

Anyone else just waiting for their next fix of Game of Thrones? lol

I'm dreading it. Bloody DH and his GoT obsession. You're all bastards. grin

LittleTurtle Tue 26-Mar-13 15:00:47

You should give it a chance it's quite good.

Believe me, I gave it a chance they killed Sean Bean those bastards.

skaen Tue 26-Mar-13 15:10:40

I'm trying to wean myself off after reading book 5 and knowing he's never going to finish it...

AudrinaAdare Tue 26-Mar-13 15:15:00

Thoroughly addicted and I am moving at the weekend and will miss the first episode angry

I can't see any way that George will ever wind up all his various plot threads in the next few years either. I'm been sending him fruit and vitamin pills to keep him healthy, but...

LittleTurtle Tue 26-Mar-13 15:15:10

At least you went all the way with reading a book. ................... and this come from a die hard fan...................lol

Can't wait! grin

More Jon Snow this series I hope!

LittleTurtle Tue 26-Mar-13 15:17:50

I know. fucking Sean Bean! .........................

AudrinaAdare Tue 26-Mar-13 15:20:48

Really looking forward to Thomas Brodie Sangster.

AudrinaAdare Tue 26-Mar-13 15:22:48

Sean Bean is a walking spoiler who dies in everything.

KobayashiMaru Tue 26-Mar-13 15:50:33

yabu

neriberi Tue 26-Mar-13 15:59:20

I am so excited about Game of Thrones! I can't wait to watch John Snow stomping around The Wall all covered in snow and mud doing that sulky look of his blush!

On a more geeky note, having read all the books it will be interesting to see how the story and characters pan out, especially who gets introduced to us next. Roll on Monday!

Procrastinating Tue 26-Mar-13 16:02:40

I haven't watched it since they killed Sean Bean. That was it for me.

TheFallenNinja Tue 26-Mar-13 16:08:20

Half man rocks. With his little axe smile

Startail Tue 26-Mar-13 16:19:22

More illicit Utube for DD1
We don't have sky or whatever GofT is on and I refuse to buy 18 videos. DD1 (14) read the first one (helping herself out of the sixth form library as usual) and I know has watched lots of it.

I don't mind 15's, but 18 is pushing it for friends and DD2.

I suspect a lot of the rating is for nudity which I actually don't give a fuck about, but I don't really want to encourage total disregard of film classifications.

Binkybix Tue 26-Mar-13 16:21:11

When will he finis the next fecking book, that's what I want to know!!

My friend hasn't read the books, but is watching series and I have to try so hard not to let things slip. However, I love it when people are reading the books and catch up with some bits that I've been BURSTING to tel them about.

neriberi Tue 26-Mar-13 16:39:48

Apparently the last 2 books are still a work in progress! There were rumours that book 6 ( I think it's called winds of winter) was due out last year!!! But obviously that ain't so. Check the various GOT forums and the author website, you will extracts from the books floating around.

oh yes it starts on HBO here on 31st too - DH is v excited grin

Keeerrist i hope they do a half hour roundup first to remind us what happened in the last series....it's been an age!

Binkybix Tue 26-Mar-13 17:51:14

The plots seem to be diverging more and more..I'm worried the books are going to go the same way as Lost.

SofaKing Tue 26-Mar-13 17:55:20

Haven't seen series two yet, I'm trying to spin out the TV series because I read the books all at once and was horrified to learn it will be around 2014/15 before the next one!

I cannot wait.

I also want the TV series to move on though as my sister has not read the books and I'm really struggling to know what I can and can't discuss with her without spoiling the story!

RawShark Wed 27-Mar-13 06:24:00

skaen what do you mean he's not going to finish it . THere must be a proper ending with everything all explained and sorted. WHat if Martin DIES before he finishes it? Arrrragh

StickEmWithThePointyEnd Wed 27-Mar-13 06:31:33

I can't wait! Reading a Feast for crows at the moment.

Stannis for King!

StickEmWithThePointyEnd Wed 27-Mar-13 19:49:14

Clearly today was dark and full of threadkillers...

Bearfrills Wed 27-Mar-13 20:25:54

I love living where I live simply because I can say I'm North of The (Hadrian's) Wall grin

And they weren't bloody wrong when they said Winter was coming.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now