Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to think Paul Hollywood could not love himself more?

(89 Posts)
josparkle Mon 25-Mar-13 20:59:08

This is the impression i get from his new bread baking show on the bbc,DP is watching it and i can't help but give a commentary on how much he seems to love himself, am i right or am i just being mean to the man?!

grin I beat you to it! blush

ThatVikRinA22 Wed 27-Mar-13 00:18:19

i wish it was more exciting.....alas. still. shocked me.

SarahStratton Wed 27-Mar-13 00:27:38

Ooh squeak, the red dot.

grin

Is it really dreadful of me to secretly hope he's been a leetle naughty? <hangs head in shame>

SarahStratton Wed 27-Mar-13 00:33:40

<little face of Po>

I am unimpressed.

<bit more Po>

MrsLouisTheroux Wed 27-Mar-13 07:34:44

Hmm. I bet he's ruthless.

I have learnt a) not to put yeast and salt next to each other in bowl for fear of killing the yeast and b) to get my hands like a mixer and get stuck in c) to stretch and fold, stretch and fold to get that gluton going.

Come to think of it, he tells me this each time he is on TV.

Maybe he's a one trick pony.

I think I'll stick with Mr. Theroux after all grin!

<fickle>

NoelHeadbands Wed 27-Mar-13 07:40:48

YANBU but I like his recipes.

I don't like his doughy, carby face.

INeedThatForkOff Mon 01-Apr-13 20:50:30

Had to revive this one. Hollywood just stretched some dough and said it looked like his Y fronts would in twenty years.

DH: 'Not far off now pal. Looks like he's made of bread.'

Not feeling the love, I fear.

GreenEggsAndNichts Mon 01-Apr-13 21:11:57

INeed I love me some Paul but your DH's comment made me laugh. grin I'm watching it now; I had to record it as no way was I going to be able to get the dragon film off the TV before it was over...

SarahStratton Mon 01-Apr-13 21:32:38

He looked very short standing next to the German pretzel chappy. What with Vicar's shocking revelations, I have Gorn Orf him.

Hey ho, back to Christopher Ecclestone Lust.

GreenEggsAndNichts Mon 01-Apr-13 21:51:43

Yes I was saddened by his shortness. And his shirt was just a little too unbuttoned. I was waiting for a glimpse of gold chain.

Am I being more critical in light of the Vicar revelations? I don't know.

I still liked him with Mary on the Easter baking show, though. Maybe I like him more with Mary as he has someone to rein him in every once in a while. smile

SarahStratton Mon 01-Apr-13 22:16:09

I think we might be being more critical. I found his accent grated rather tonight.

magimedi Mon 01-Apr-13 23:52:02

Every time I see Paul I thin kof the wonderful term I first learnt on MN:

Wank Badger.

Just look at his hair, for a start!

missingmumxox Tue 02-Apr-13 01:32:03

I was a neighbour of his, he is not a good neighbour to me, hurling abuse at a lady and premie twins with your mates when she is trying to get to SCBU for an appointment not good! nor is blocking the drive for a photo shoot which is why they started hurling abuse as I needed to leave.

on a good note he did give my work mates some cake and tea over christmas when he saw them working in the street.
also he has given a lot of his time and money to the local community in various fund raising events so I might have had a bad moment with him, maybe he was pre-menstrual or something that day?
on the whole I might forgive him (one day) and his friends and the other celeb chef who was as vocal as him that day but he is not a horrible person just a bit smug! also his bread..try it if you can afford it, my mate won some it is really nice.

CA551E Tue 08-Jul-14 19:18:29

It's good that we don't all go for the same type! Paul Hollywood - his pale blue eyes are those of a mass murderer and his voice and accent grates on me. This is really nit-picking but I hate that he is greying in his beard and hair but has dark eyebrows! He is creepy looking.

I find Colin Firth attractive but there are bound to be those who consider him unattractive!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now