to find Ed Balls rather revolting?

(83 Posts)
grovel Thu 21-Mar-13 12:04:22

He's on the TV now.

Callisto Thu 21-Mar-13 13:30:37

He is truly appalling. I can't believe he is shadow chancellor after his many many cock-ups (balls-ups?) tbh.

kerstina Thu 21-Mar-13 16:22:54

Ed Balls had a bad stammer when he was younger perhaps the over aggressive style is just part of the way he copes with it. Personally I rate him but wish the major parties would work together more.

tomatoplantproject Thu 21-Mar-13 16:29:36

Can't stand him. He makes my skin crawl. I think it's the constant smugness coupled with the fact he was brown's bully boy and refuses to acknowledge the role he played in the mistakes that were made. I read an article the other day saying that labour would be far more electable with darling instead of balls. Couldn't agree more.

thebody Thu 21-Mar-13 16:31:19

Kitty1976.. Totally agree

TheCrackFox Thu 21-Mar-13 16:37:46

Can't stand him or George Osbourne.

YouTheCat Thu 21-Mar-13 16:59:14

Just to point out, Ed Balls wasn't the Chancellor of the Exchequer in the last Labour government.

Prawntoast Thu 21-Mar-13 17:04:55

He was still influential in Labours economic policy whilst in Govt. I'm a wavering Tory but he would put me off voting Labour.

YouTheCat Thu 21-Mar-13 17:14:22

He was an adviser to the Treasury for a while.

Flobbadobs Thu 21-Mar-13 17:16:30

YANBU, can't stand the man.

Chipstick10 Thu 21-Mar-13 17:39:56

Ooh balls and his wife are my pet hates. He, for all the reasons already given and she cos of her cats bum face and prissy, look at me I'm a serious politician because of my no nonsense haircut and make up free face. Her tut tut manner drives me to violence.

YouTheCat Thu 21-Mar-13 17:49:11

What very silly reasons for not liking a politician. confused

I've nothing against Osborne, other than the fact that his policies have brought this country to its knees. He's borrowed more in the last 2 and a half years than Labour did in 3 terms in office.

currentbuns Thu 21-Mar-13 18:50:32

He's revolting, absolutely . The man makes my skin crawl.

ouryve Thu 21-Mar-13 18:59:24

I don't know. I have a bit of a girl crush on Yvette Cooper, purely for the way she takes down Theresa May, who seems to be a bit of a Tory darling despite the fact that she's so bloody thick.

wordfactory Thu 21-Mar-13 19:05:41

Hate him.

Huge negative for the Labour party.

His attempts during the Labour adminstration to see off home education told me all I needed to know about him....

I don't know what Yvette was thinking of!

grovel Thu 21-Mar-13 19:18:41

We should be glad he and Yvette got together.

That's two unhappy people instead of four.

carben Thu 21-Mar-13 19:27:34

This is a very nasty and offensive thread. It's true we get the politicians we deserve. You all certainly deserve Osborne. Hope you enjoy him.

YouTheCat Thu 21-Mar-13 19:29:43

Indeed, Carben. But what can you expect when people vote based on him coming across as a 'bit smug'? hmm

JamieandtheMagicTorch Thu 21-Mar-13 19:31:31

Yes, because what he looks like is the most important thing ... FCOL

Flobbadobs Thu 21-Mar-13 19:31:41

I would love to see an advisor to the labour party looking at the AIBU threads right now, this thread and fancying George Osbourne right next to each other!

Cant be much worse than Osborne.
The conservatives are out to destroy normal working and unemployed people.
My dh was made redundant after working all his life, and we now claim jsa, but of course Cameron doesn't like people like us. Would be good if there were actually enough jobs to go round in the first place!

RSVP Thu 21-Mar-13 19:35:19

YABU

Bowlersarm Thu 21-Mar-13 19:39:33

YANBU

That is the problem for an undecided voter like me. I'm erring on voting Tory next time based partly on the fact I can't bear either Ed's, they are both very unappealing to an average voter, and don't seem a viable choice

YouTheCat Thu 21-Mar-13 19:41:09

Makes me wonder why the suffragettes bothered. confused

When deciding how to vote, how about looking, in depth, at the policies and using your brain?

Bowlersarm Thu 21-Mar-13 19:44:02

Partly because our PM represents us as a nation. Who wants to be represented by odious ineffectual individuals?

ouryve Thu 21-Mar-13 19:48:47

I prefer to look at the policies, Bowlersarm. Though I do admit that labour would be more appealing if Ed M was a more charismatic leader, simply because blairites are beginning to have too much say again, despite his promising beginnings, when it appeared that labour might actually move back to the left a little.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now