AIBU to want to share with you that I am proud of myself??

(63 Posts)
BusyHomemaker Wed 20-Mar-13 21:30:39

I recently left my abusive husband. I have been constantly questioning myself... have I done the right thing? Am I at fault? Is his behaviour really just down to depression? Will he change?

I don't possess a vacuum cleaner or a washing machine and I sleep on a borrowed inflatable mattress. My daughter has been peacefully sleeping in her cot since 7:30pm, my dog is snoozing on the (donated) sofa and it has just dawned on me that I am sat here, doing what I want to do, listening to a radio station that I have chosen (as I no longer possess CDs or itunes)! Nobody has switched it off and turned on the TV or played their guitar or both at the same time!!!! I honestly can't remember the last time I have selected my own music in the evening!

Just wanted to share! I think we're going to be OK smile

Tolly81 Thu 21-Mar-13 11:07:58

Good on you OP! Well done smile

ohmentalnessisme Thu 21-Mar-13 10:58:28

Yanbu, it sounds like you have a lot to be proud of and a bright future to look forward to smile

melrose Thu 21-Mar-13 10:55:44

Well done darling, you have every right to feel proud and have made me cry into my cup of tea!

SassySask Thu 21-Mar-13 10:49:39

What a lovely thread to read on a morning smile

bedmonster Thu 21-Mar-13 09:54:40

Wooooooo!!!! Go Busy!! You are inspiring smile

alcazar Thu 21-Mar-13 09:12:06

You are amazing. I am crying blush. You will be ok and happier and your daughter will thank you for it when she is older. The best thing my mum ever did was leave my dad. You are free now smile.

Sarahplane Thu 21-Mar-13 09:06:37

you should be proud of yourself. well done you.

livinginwonderland Thu 21-Mar-13 08:51:15

yay! this thread makes me happy, well done OP! smile

Limelight Thu 21-Mar-13 08:47:10

OP You're amazing! And everyone here is gobsmackingly proud of you.

Clearly we all want to give you stuff too! If you're in South East London or need anything postable - just shout! x

Ladyhawke127 Thu 21-Mar-13 08:41:08

I have a tv you can have if you like? It is not brilliant, and it is an older type flat screen, but you would be welcome to it. I am in west Lothian. I havnt anything useful, unfortunately.

Ladyhawke127 Thu 21-Mar-13 08:37:50

Well done, love! You are amazing, and exceptionally brave! Onwards and upwards!

ekidna Thu 21-Mar-13 02:44:58

smile

OkayHazel Thu 21-Mar-13 02:21:52

Congratulations OP! Here's to a happy rest of your life!

BertieBotts Wed 20-Mar-13 23:33:42

And it's the best feeling in the world isn't it? grin Onwards and upwards! Yep, that's right, it can even get better!! And it does!!

BertieBotts Wed 20-Mar-13 23:32:32

You are fantastic smile As the offers are flying around, give me a shout if you're in Warwickshire (although I suppose unlikely as that is somewhere near Northamptonshire...) I'm emigrating later this year and have loads of stuff which needs a good home.

DoJo Wed 20-Mar-13 23:30:15

Well done - you sound as though you are revelling in your new fond freedom and so you should. PM me if you're in East Anglia - sure I can find something useful to help with your journey, even if it's just a packet of chocolate fingers and info about free things to do with a littlie.

makemineapinot Wed 20-Mar-13 23:26:52

Well done you! That feeling f liberation is so empowering! So pleased for you! Take advice and ask around for what you're entitled to and good luck! 5 years on and I am now qualified and working in the profession I've always wanted to work in, have 2 beautiful happy children and he (and associated stress) is a distant memory! You enjoy the future! There will be hard times, lonely times and frustrating times but you get to make the decisions that are right for both of you and that is worth so much -and you'll be happy and safe x

pigletmania Wed 20-Mar-13 23:26:21

Well done that is fantastic flowers wine

SE13Mummy Wed 20-Mar-13 23:19:49

Well done!
If you're anywhere near SE13 then I have a washing machine you'd be very welcome to.

jennybeadle Wed 20-Mar-13 23:18:52

YANBU.
flowers to put beside your bed. smile

poppymagnum Wed 20-Mar-13 23:18:13

What a lovely thread and what an amazing Mum you are.

I hope your future will be full of happiness. thanks

oldnewmummy Wed 20-Mar-13 23:16:27

Good for you.

OpheliaBumps Wed 20-Mar-13 23:15:34

Ps missed the most important bit! Well done, you deserve to be proud, you've done a fantastic thing for you and your DD.

OpheliaBumps Wed 20-Mar-13 23:14:02

I've pm'd too, I have outgrown toys/clothes up to 3 years, happy to pass them on. Also have bedding & duvet if you're in then north west.

Well done OP how lovely to hear you are enjoying your peace!

Herena, if you want rid of that bedding your local homeless shelter or dog rescue might be glad of them?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now