bastard tax fuckers.

(27 Posts)
TeggieCampbeggBlegg Tue 19-Mar-13 17:44:55

they owe me 400 quid but aren't giving it back in the lump I was expecting. They are knocking it off my tax bit by bit over the next year.

Only £400 would have been nice for my holiday fund and this way it won't make much difference every month and just get swallowed up in general bills and crap.

Bastards.

maddening Tue 19-Mar-13 19:45:04

I have an antique family bible if that would help with the fiji thing smile

maddening Tue 19-Mar-13 19:44:31

I have an antique famkl

SanityClause Tue 19-Mar-13 19:37:15

Are they paying it back via your PAYE code? If so, telephone them, and say you don't want them to refund it that way, you would rather have a refund as a lump sum. Do it sooner, rather than later, as it is likely to be your 2013-2014 code that is adjusted, so you want them to do it before the start of the tax year, to give your payroll department time to action the new code.

ceeveebee Tue 19-Mar-13 19:34:10

Odd, when I am due refunds I just tick the box on the tax return that says I want it in one lump sum, not through my tax code.
And if I owe tax I always tick the other box - if it's less than £3000 owed to them, they allow you to spread it over the next tax year.

specialsubject Tue 19-Mar-13 19:31:02

really? I got my overpayment back in one lump, and it was more than this.

0845 number and they are open until 8pm some days.

pinkstinks Tue 19-Mar-13 19:27:09

I don't know who I hate more, tax fuckers or spoony fuckers!

ThePinkOcelot Tue 19-Mar-13 19:21:00

I got a cheque a few weeks ago for £379 - gratefully accepted. However, DH owed the about £1k and they are taking it back monthly.
Can't understand why they aren't giving you the lump sum though!

BarredfromhavingStella Tue 19-Mar-13 19:16:10

Feel the need to burst the ranty bubbles-yes they would let you pay back underpaid tax over a period of time & not charge interest-it's done all the time.
HTH

Dont get me frigging well started. I appealed their awards decision, and by the Grace Of God, won. Which meant THEY owe ME money. Was told yesterday it could take up to 5 months to get MY money. I'm furious angry

ArseAche Tue 19-Mar-13 19:05:37

/don't forget it will cost you to phone them tomorrrow. Probably a premium rate number, so add that to the refund. Bastards

raisah Tue 19-Mar-13 18:50:36

they over taxed me for 8 years, me being a bit dim didnt realise until I got a nice cheque. :-) but it went on my replacement windows so it did not stay in my account for long :-(
I am now broke again. If I owed them they eould have expected payment immediately. They cause so many people financial hardship by miscalculating tax & annoyingly do not apologise.

brilliant sweary thread title grin

aliciaflorrick Tue 19-Mar-13 18:39:53

They've sent me a penalty notice charge today for late filing of my self assessment form, which is all well and good, but I live in France, work in France and pay tax in France and have done for the last five years. They also sent the letter to my address in France.

TeggieCampbeggBlegg Tue 19-Mar-13 18:37:45

Yes David. I am not a novice mner.

DavidWatts Tue 19-Mar-13 18:22:53

I like the way in desperation you kept the thread going until you got a reply

SmiteYouWithThunderbolts Tue 19-Mar-13 18:16:40

Fuckers angry

You can bet they'd chase you for a lump sum if it was the other way round.

scattergun Tue 19-Mar-13 18:13:36

I think a fine is due for their error and interest on late payment. The fine would pay for an up-grade.

UnChartered Tue 19-Mar-13 17:58:55

holiday fund witholding fuckers indeed

and yes, what about interest?

would the bastards charge you interest if it were the other way around?

TeggieCampbeggBlegg Tue 19-Mar-13 17:58:00

I shall attempt to ring them tomoroe.

TeggieCampbeggBlegg Tue 19-Mar-13 17:56:52

Exactly Arse. Can you imagine if I said I'd pay them back £33 a month?

Robbing fuckers.

It would have got me a few miles closer to fiji sad

Surely it would be cheaper to just send you a cheque than this nonsense. Tell them you're charging interest.

Iaintdunnuffink Tue 19-Mar-13 17:56:17

That sounds crap. They gave me a check for just over £1000 last year.

Can you get to Fuji with £400?

ArseAche Tue 19-Mar-13 17:53:59

YANBU - If you owed them they would want the lump, and NOW.

Agree Bastard Tax Fuckers!

TeggieCampbeggBlegg Tue 19-Mar-13 17:51:32

I want my four hundred pounds. angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now