To be secretly pleased I had a post deleted?

(65 Posts)
littlemissbunny Tue 19-Mar-13 15:46:47

Not going to say what as that would get me into trouble. I didn't actually think what I said was bad but I don't mind it has been deleted.

I've never had a post deleted before, I feel like a fully fledged member now smile

Is it wrong to be not so secretly pleased grin

crashdoll Tue 19-Mar-13 16:30:17

When I first got a post deleted, I ran around the house screeching "I deserve freedom of speech. I'VE BEEN CENSORED!" and then I got over and have been deleted lots more since then.

TooYappy Tue 19-Mar-13 16:30:20

I've been very very good since January. smile

I have been lurking a LOT

crashdoll Tue 19-Mar-13 16:30:43

Aaaah hidden you sounded so serious and everything! grin

RobinSparkles Tue 19-Mar-13 16:31:00

I can say that I've been very well behaved but one person tipped me over the edge. IT WAS ALL THEIR FAULT!

westcoastnortherner Tue 19-Mar-13 16:35:34

N

everlong Tue 19-Mar-13 16:39:18

Crap, I feel smug when my posts aren't deleted!

Deleted today too. But it was worth it grin

SmiteYouWithThunderbolts Tue 19-Mar-13 16:42:11

I've had one post deleted, probably for telling someone to fuck off and/or calling them a tosspot. Never been banned though. I was banned from Bounty several times though.

somedayma Tue 19-Mar-13 16:50:28

I had a whole thread deleted a few days ago blush

I deserved it. And felt ashamed

INeverSaidThat Tue 19-Mar-13 17:05:27

If we had a hide poster option then there would be less deletions. Less deletions would mean less work for MNHQ. Everyone's a winner grin

Startail Tue 19-Mar-13 17:15:31

I don't think I've ever been deleted, I've had a perfectly reasonable PM reported by an idiot.

She was conducting a private spat derailing a useful education thread. I told her very politely to shut up, she got in a massive huff

littlemissbunny Tue 19-Mar-13 17:35:08

I wouldn't have been proud if I thought I had been offensive, I would have apologized.

I thought it was a bit harsh to delete my comment but that's up to MNHQ, I'm not going to complain.

I was only saying was everyone else was, but hey ho grin

OhDearieDearieMe Tue 19-Mar-13 17:42:20

I also had a whole thread deleted recently. I took it bravely - from behind, no lube and no squealing!

pointythings Tue 19-Mar-13 19:36:13

I had my first deletions early in January along with a lot of other posters on the same thread - it definitely felt like a badge of honour, lots of us were comparing deletions and advising other people on the same thread on how to join teh ranks of the deletions.

It does depend on the thread though, MNHQ were a bit trigger happy on that one.

Pocketchange Tue 19-Mar-13 20:55:04

What were the threads/comments which were deleted? I'm intrigued now. But don't report this comment otherwise this thread will be deleted as well.

Who is going to start the thread "how many times have you been banned from Mumsnet?"

BabsAndTheRu Wed 20-Mar-13 07:47:43

Pocket change

Look in AIBU at the thread about the SIL and a book. You'll see us all there, well only our names with deleted comment.

seriouscakeeater Wed 20-Mar-13 08:06:32

Threads like this actually remind me AIBU can be a funny place! [Grin]
crash that was me too! Out raged I told dh who replied..." Good! Now can you get tea on were all starving!" [Wink]

seriouscakeeater Wed 20-Mar-13 08:08:49

pocket twice I have been banned ...hangs head first time round , got cocky the second lol

I've been deleted! I've been deleted! I"VE BEEN DELETED!

<dances cartwheels>
<clicks hip back into place>

Blimey, you don't have to say much to get deleted, do you? The words 'thoughtless', 'selfish' and 'insensitive' are pretty much par for the course on AIBU, non? grin

Pocketchange Wed 20-Mar-13 10:07:56

seriouscake this is my 4 th incarnation. I now always remember to log out when I've posted a dodgy comment.

(now Logs out)

aldiwhore Wed 20-Mar-13 10:15:15

I had a post deleted yesterday, and I'm glad it was as it wasn't particularly pleasant, and as soon as I posted it I was annoyed with myself for allowing another poster to rattle me so much.

YABU to be proud, but YANBU to be glad it's gone!!

limitedperiodonly Wed 20-Mar-13 10:45:37

I was deleted the other week for calling someone a poo head.

I'm very mature like that.

Rikalaily Wed 20-Mar-13 10:51:46

I had a post deleted yesterday too, just hope the OP read it before it went, I'm hoping it was her that reported it too grin

Pigsmummy Wed 20-Mar-13 10:59:06

I have been on since January, can't wait to get a deletion or a telling off!

lottie63 Wed 20-Mar-13 11:01:36

'Poo head'??! Good lord, is that all it takes these days? I didn't realise. Is there a list of words we can't use? I know! Let's draw one up! Right now. Just so we all know. It's bound to come in handy. That is, until the meanings of words change... which they do all the time...and 'poo head' s bound to function as a compliment sooner or later (like 'wicked' now means something cool)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now