step-mum feeling a little sad today! aibu?

(103 Posts)
Fluffydeville Sun 10-Mar-13 12:08:35

I don't know if step-mum's generally get any recognition today, just a card or a text would be nice I guess, my DSD is 15 and we have a great relationship this is my first mothers day officially as a step-mum since DH and I got married last year. For fathers day I took DSD shopping and bought gifts for her for both my husband and her stepdad, just feel like I am the only one getting left out here, a little acknowledgement would mean the world. am i being over-sensitive and un-reasonable?

IceBergJam Mon 11-Mar-13 16:55:11

I agree Honey. My siblings and I never felt any burden, and my stepchildren feel no burden . I know of 3 stepfathers and one stepmother performing the full time role, and apart from normal teenage or family agnst, they fuction just like a normal family.
I guess MN is a sqewed (sp?) view because people come on here for help.

DoJo Mon 11-Mar-13 18:20:02

Just to clarify, my post was regarding step parents who aren't doing the majority of the child care, specifically those who see their step children at weekends or similar. I totally agree that a step parent who is 'step' only in biology as it were is a special case, although I would be surprised if they accounted for more than a minority of cases.

AmberLeaf Tue 12-Mar-13 08:33:22

theoriginalandbestrookie Bang on. Excellent post.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now