to be absolutely bloody furious with my DC?

(129 Posts)
VelvetSpoon Tue 05-Mar-13 18:54:56

Came home from work at 6 to find the fridge wide open thanks to either DS1 or 2. The contents were warm, meaning it has clearly been open all day. So have just spent the last 45 mins chucking the entire contents of the fridge (maybe £60 worth at a guess).

This is a fortnight after DS2 left the freezer open all night and I had to throw everything out.

Both deny it was them, neither has apolgised or gives much of a shit. I have cried because its money I can ill afford to waste, let alone that as I don't drive it is hard work restocking the fridge in one go.

They are 14 and 11 btw, so not babies.

CMOTDibbler Wed 06-Mar-13 09:41:47

If my fridge isn't closed properly, the light goes on and stays on, and gets really hot. We've had to chuck fridge fulls of food if this happens, and our house isn't hot.

We all make mistakes, but if they had opportunity to see it was open and didn't shut it - and most importantly aren't saying they'd been in there where the choc has obv gone - then I would be angry.

Making them go and do the shopping with you and carry it home would seem like a good intervention

diddl Wed 06-Mar-13 09:50:55

I'm with you,OP.

The constant in & out of the fridge looking for fucking food!

Am I the only one who didn't do this-or always asked if I could have something-until about 14yrs old?

samandi Wed 06-Mar-13 12:30:43

Just feed them the food that's been sitting there.

Seriously, you threw it all out after less than a whole day? What was it?

samandi Wed 06-Mar-13 12:31:41

BTW I would be annoyed too though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now